New radio no xm or CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 bighorn quad cab 6.4 bed
Engine
hemi
OK need a little help Just got a new radio to replace my old one that went crazy making phone calls, going to favorites etc.
so that radio was #68331631AH that new one is 68331631AM i was told that this should fit the truck and what i had
so i installed the radio first thing i notice that it didn't ask me to unlock/when i went to set up xm radio its only showed AM FM BLUE TOOTH usually its shows on the radio screen AM FM XM more sources. went to the system screen and saw that i was to migrate my xm subscription to the new radio it went but it didn't populate the radio screen with the xm button
Has anybody else had this happen
Thanks for all help
Ed Taylor
2016 ram 1500 bighorn with 2018 radio upgrade

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sounds like you have a non XM Radio. Essentially what you would have to do is use the SiriusXm app and stream via Bluetooth.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK need a little help Just got a new radio to replace my old one that went crazy making phone calls, going to favorites etc.
so that radio was #68331631AH that new one is 68331631AM i was told that this should fit the truck and what i had
so i installed the radio first thing i notice that it didn't ask me to unlock/when i went to set up xm radio its only showed AM FM BLUE TOOTH usually its shows on the radio screen AM FM XM more sources. went to the system screen and saw that i was to migrate my xm subscription to the new radio it went but it didn't populate the radio screen with the xm button
Has anybody else had this happen
Thanks for all help
Ed Taylor
2016 ram 1500 bighorn with 2018 radio upgrade
Give it time. It should show up after several hours/power cycles.