New Ram 1500 Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct. Everything but the 0w40 is PP. The 0w40 is PUP.

To recap for clarity:

Dealer synthetic oil change for everything that is not an SRT = Pennzoil Platinum.

Dealer synthetic oil change for SRT vehicles = Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

Clear as mud.
Depends on the particular dealer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They're literally contractually obligated to use Pennzoil products right now lol.

Nothing would surprise me though.....I asked for some of the 0W40 PUP about a month ago and the parts guy looked at me like I was speaking Klingon. The best part is he owns a '16 scat pack charger.....

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I did research on the hemi, so 3.6 is not something I know much about. I have never had a issue using mobile 1 EP and changing oil about every 8k miles. Changing today to PUP due to moly the hemi's need.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're literally contractually obligated to use Pennzoil products right now lol.

Nothing would surprise me though.....I asked for some of the 0W40 PUP about a month ago and the parts guy looked at me like I was speaking Klingon. The best part is he owns a '16 scat pack charger.....
The local ram dealer that I deliver to stocks Mopar oil and PUP 0/40 and that's it. If you take you're 5.7 in there and tell them you want a synthetic oil change they call Napa and advance to see who's the the best price on store brand synthetic 5/20 that day.

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The local ram dealer that I deliver to stocks Mopar oil and PUP 0/40 and that's it. If you take you're 5.7 in there and tell them you want a synthetic oil change they call Napa and advance to see who's the the best price on store brand synthetic 5/20 that day.

Lol perfect.

It's Pennzoil or no oil at the local dealership and the dealership where I bought my truck.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol perfect.

It's Pennzoil or no oil at the local dealership and the dealership where I bought my truck.
LOL, maybe the kanucks actually honor a contract.