New Ram Air Flow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Panas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if anyone has had this new cold air intake installed yet? The part alone is $925, but I can’t get a straight answer from my dealer as to how much the install will be? I was told that nobody has done one yet around here and they’re guessing 2 hours labor? I have read one guy installed it himself in 30 minutes and another in an hour? Just don’t want to get ripped off at dealer...any help is greatly appreciated. New Ram owner and I love it!!! I have a 2020 BUILT TO SERVE Edition. Nicest truck I have ever owned.

Silver10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It was my first upgrade at 2 weeks old. With basic tools, reading instructions and chasing the dog around the yard, it took an hour. A dealership or installer familiar with the product id say half hour to 45 mins tops. An hour if they have a coffee while unboxing it all.

20200409_140316.jpg

20200409_140320.jpg

20200409_141212.jpg

20200409_141220.jpg

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Have you priced the filter for the new set up? Am just curious how much they are when time to replace - realizing they are washable/reusable. Hopefully by the time you have to replace it there will be aftermarket such as K&N...will bet Mopar replacement filters will be pricey. Nice looking setup and the beauty is you could add an under hood toolbox where the old filter housing was located.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As was posted above it took me 48 minutes to install.
Piece of cake.
Cost was 765.00+tax

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It was my first upgrade at 2 weeks old. With basic tools, reading instructions and chasing the dog around the yard, it took an hour. A dealership or installer familiar with the product id say half hour to 45 mins tops. An hour if they have a coffee while unboxing it all.

View attachment 212341

View attachment 212342

View attachment 212343

View attachment 212344

Silver10,
I am considering this unit for my 2019 Sport. Can you give me some input on the performance of the Ram Airflow. For the price I am hoping that the gain is noticable. Been tough getting any info with regards to performance as it is such a new item and not many has it on their trucks.
It definitely looks good. The install seems pretty straight forward as well. Good to see that its now starting to hit the market.
Cheers.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I can "kit-bash" this Vararam "Air Grabber" together for the wrong year model truck for which it doesn't fit (supposedly), you should be able to cobble that thing together with instructions? lol
IMG_20150909_192214_762.jpg

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tray,
That kit looks prety good on your truck. Do you like the performance boost.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tray,
That kit looks prety good on your truck. Do you like the performance boost.
I do love it, it came with a K&N unit that did nothing but suck hot air.
I can actually feel the air build up inside the snorkel at a dead stop and then get launched forward when it takes off.
At speed you can feel it sucking in too, but you don't get that "delayed" response you do from a stand still.
Stay tuned as I'm currently working on a mod that'll really make it one, whole integral piece.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Silver10,
I am considering this unit for my 2019 Sport. Can you give me some input on the performance of the Ram Airflow. For the price I am hoping that the gain is noticable. Been tough getting any info with regards to performance as it is such a new item and not many has it on their trucks.
It definitely looks good. The install seems pretty straight forward as well. Good to see that its now starting to hit the market.
Cheers.
After I add headers, torque converter, re-gear and hopefully an 05 PCM hope to pull it all together with a tune then.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
After I add headers, torque converter, re-gear and hopefully an 05 PCM hope to pull it all together with a tune then.
Tray,
Your truck is going to pull really strong with all those mods. Thats awesome. I am planning on the new Ram Airflow kit. A good place to start for me. Still waiting on some input from someone who is running the new airflow kit.
Your truck looks in great shape.
Cheers.

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious as to how much of Ram air has to be taken off to change oil? Seems that oil filler cap is hidden with new setup.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious as to how much of Ram air has to be taken off to change oil? Seems that oil filler cap is hidden with new setup.

Looks like you just remove that top piece since the oil fill is towards the rear.

(pic from another forum)

IMG_6121.JPG.jpg

Last edited:

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont see this adding value other than looks to a truck. near zero performance gain especially considering the cost.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont see this adding value other than looks to a truck. near zero performance gain especially considering the cost.

As a stand alone mod, there is no gain but on my current truck, once headers and performance tune was installed , the gains were certainly felt.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a stand alone mod, there is no gain but on my current truck, once headers and performance tune was installed , the gains were certainly felt.
tune and headers were majority of that gain. stock box flows more than enough air for near stock motor. unless you do forced induction the stock box is fine. maybe get a better filter but that ram setup is just a giant heat soak brick.

Last edited:

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
tune and headers we're majority of that gain. stock box flows more than enough air for near stock motor. unless you do forced induction the stock box is fine. maybe get a better filter but that ram setup is just a giant heat soak brick.
I disagree, the more air in, the more air out, the more horsepower. It sure looks like it'd perform like the Vararam's do?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was wondering if anyone has had this new cold air intake installed yet? The part alone is $925, but I can’t get a straight answer from my dealer as to how much the install will be? I was told that nobody has done one yet around here and they’re guessing 2 hours labor? I have read one guy installed it himself in 30 minutes and another in an hour? Just don’t want to get ripped off at dealer...any help is greatly appreciated. New Ram owner and I love it!!! I have a 2020 BUILT TO SERVE Edition. Nicest truck I have ever owned.
I’m interested in the K&M series 77 cold flow for my 2020 Limited but waiting on some feedback from someone whose installed it.