New RAM convert from F*rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I am a new 2019 1500 Big Horn owner (as of yesterday), having come over from an F150. There is a lot of differences so far to get used to, but I am looking forward to interacting with this community to make it all easier.

Kevin

Nate4x4

The Vehicle Reader
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4x4
:welcome:to the RAMily, Kevin! Once things certain, you won't regret joining RF...the folks here are pretty awesome!

OP
OP
K

Kevin Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone!

I had several issues with the F150 (2015, 2.7L Eco). I had a specific electrical issue which turned out to be an AC-AC adapter which was killing the Atkinson Engine, and causing the truck to fault. F*ord had a lot of trouble diagnosing that one. There was something wonky in the transfer case as well. I live on a relatively steep hill, and usually after I had switched back to 2WD after being in 4WD and driving down my hill (even from a cold start, perhaps days later), the transfer case would "jump" causing the whole truck to slam and bang a few times. It raised more than a few concerns about the truck as a whole. Lastly, there is the abundance of recalls on the truck. It was up to 3 unresolved at this point because the dealerships couldn't get the parts.

I really liked the twin turbo feel of the F150, but honestly, having a sporty truck is like adding a tow package to a Miata.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I came over from Ford in the 90's and I'm still getting used to my new Ram.
( it has a knob thingy instead of a shift lever.)
I wonder how long it will take to quit grabbing my coffee mug when I want to put it in park...

dano66

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome! I dumped my 2012 Ford 3.5 Ecoboost F150 for my Ram in 2017 and can not be happier.

redvettx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had Chevy and GMC first and went a Ram Diesel. I can't go back. I have rented a few Fords and I am not impressed. The Eco-Boost is one fast truck. If I guy is running around town and never really tows I get it. Put a trailer behind it and add rain or snow and all you got is wheelspin unless you want to run in 4wd all the time. I went Diesel as I use my truck for hauling toys. I sold the big boat and looked 1/2 Ton and would have to order it but they had poor deals. For a loaded up Rebal I could by a 2500 Diesel so I bought another. The Hemi is a good truck. The Fords have a turning radius of a school bus. Rams ride way better and the buttons are all in the right places. I rented a 1500 Hemi 2wd in AZ. Drilled some holes in the bed and added a wheel chalk. Loaded up my Ducati Monster in the rear and filled the rear with lots of ammo. She was loaded heavy. I ran hard to Seattle. She got 18 MPG running in the high 80's. Load never bothered it a bit. I fact she road better. You wont be going back. Had a buddy who finally gave up on Ford Diesels. "You should have told me" We tried but if you wanted to pound down the road have at it, lol.