New ram ctd noise in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abell34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Hello, i only have 2600 miles on my new ram ctd. A very annoying clicking/ snapping sound has developed somewhere near the driver side back seat. Ive tried locating the source and i just cant seem to pinpoint it. Im thinking maybe its in the rear window or maybe the headliner. Every time the road is rough or bumpy it starts clicking away. Any ideas?

Hugh Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Do you have a hitch installed in your receiver? They rattle and make rattles on rough roads

Reactions: U&A

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Hello, i only have 2600 miles on my new ram ctd. A very annoying clicking/ snapping sound has developed somewhere near the driver side back seat. Ive tried locating the source and i just cant seem to pinpoint it. Im thinking maybe its in the rear window or maybe the headliner. Every time the road is rough or bumpy it starts clicking away. Any ideas?
Check rear seatbelts. The buckle gets caught and bangs around. My kids drive me nuts with it :banghead:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Also make sure your rear seat is fully folded down and that the rear platform (if you have it) has folded completely.

1Ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you have running boards.....check the mounting bolts (by wiggling up and down). Mine drove me crazy, they never got them tight at original install. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

Abell34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Ill check the seatbelts. Everything else mentioned has been ruled out. Kind of wondering if theres a bad seal on the rear window. Maybe getting a touch of body flex and causing a clicking sound. Its very plastic sounding or maybe like one loop of velcro constantly clicking in and out.