New ram HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It is possible: http://stretchmytruck.com/services/longbed-conversion/

It's not a matter of moving anything but redirecting the parts for production. The biger concern should be wether FCA can get the factory ready in time to start building the HD trucks. If I'm not mistaken, there were size issues of building trucks with 8' beds at Warren Truck
Thanks for that link, crash. Very cool.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes there will be a 2019 truck but what still isn't clear (if you read all of those articles) is if it is a new design or just a "refresh" of the current gen 4. Sounds like this 2019 is still going to be produced in Mexico as opposed to the new Michigan plant so I am leaning towards a refresh version. Can't see them doing a complete retooling of the Mexico plant when they are moving to the US?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The way I read in on Allpar was this was likely a mild refresh and the "all new" truck would be years off. But the insiders on Allpar have been somewhat fickle as of recent so reliable news is scarce. If FCA pays any attention to customer feedback at all then they will at least upgrade the trans on gas models. There was also rumors of a HP bump on the 6.4 engine, but haven't heard that recently.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
It would be a complete let down IMO if this (even being just a 2 year refresh) didn't include drive train upgrades. I still don't think I'd buy one. I'd rather wait until the real 5th gen being build at Warren. But it should be interesting to see what we get.

Carsten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the 2019 is just a "refresh" of the current 4th gen do you guys think they'll keep the g56 manual tranny in their line up until the true 5th gen comes out?

On another note, why isnt the EGR-free stage V cummins engine that has a single emissions module(SCR/DPF combined) that was presented at Bauma in 2016 not in the HD rams? That looks like a damn better engine than the current 6.7 with EGR equipped.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
If the 2019 is just a "refresh" of the current 4th gen do you guys think they'll keep the g56 manual tranny in their line up until the true 5th gen comes out?

I have a feeling when the 5th Gen HD's debut, they are going to be without manual tranny regardless just to get people use to the idea regardless if they carryover for a year or two the current powertrain options.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Still lil fugly. But I’ll have to see it in person and some grill and bumper options. Better than the 1500 just cause it looks bigger as it should. Man that interior that they will carry over is nice though.

ChrisChen74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
It looks all right but you can tell FCA is trying to force a 4th Gen into becoming a 5th Gen and there are compromises. I wouldn't call this a brand new design but an extensive overhaul, it'll be awhile where we get a ground up re-design of a true 5th Gen HD Ram.

If I was in the market I wouldn't know what to feel, maybe slightly cheated especially in a few years when a true brand new HD comes out and your "new 5th Gen" truck is suddenly obsolete.