New Ram, How to disable all the annoying electronics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I went in to the dealership service department with the following list of modifications and they said they wouldn't do any of it because it was safety related. Do you guys think an independent shop would do this stuff for me? If it's even possible. (yes I have OCD)

-Disable seat belt not plugged in chirp
-Disable exterior back light from turning on @unlock and @Lock
-Disable dashboard lights from turning on @unlock and @door open
-Disable tire pressure sensors
-Disable turn signal clicking noise
-Lower volume of the warning indicator beep (or disable entirely)
-Set console and dashboard screens to 'screen off' mode by default

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
On a related note, it seems there is no way to have the dashboard lights and head lights off at the same time. When I turn the headlight knob to the '0' position the dashboard and console lights go to max brightness. When I turn the knob to parking lights, headlights, or auto then I can turn down the brightness of the dash and console with the dimmer but it means I have to have the exterior lights on to turn off the interior lights. Am i missing something?

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
You are going to want those alarms when your truck is about to break down
Yeah turning off the warning beep noise I'm the most hesitant about, I would prefer to turn it down. Still lights up the screen with the warning. The day after I got the truck it was already giving me a 'service electronic braking system' with an annoyingly loud beep. There wasn't even anything wrong with the brakes it was just a sensor related to the alignment that was causing that and the traction control light to stay on.

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah turning off the warning beep noise I'm the most hesitant about, I would prefer to turn it down. Still lights up the screen with the warning. The day after I got the truck it was already giving me a 'service electronic braking system' with an annoyingly loud beep. There wasn't even anything wrong with the brakes it was just a sensor related to the alignment that was causing that and the traction control light to stay on.
I am very familiar with the traction control light turning on and off lol. I just did my ABS hydraulic until recently

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear ya on annoying beeps and sounds. You should try driving a brand new car with the full compliment of driver aids. There's a crapload of unnecessary beeps and warning lights for simple things like someone passing you on the interstate. You try to swerve around some trash in the road, or a dead animal like you've done a thousand times in the last 20 years, and a modern vehicle doesn't want to let you cross the center lane w/o a fight, and then fights you when you try to cross back in YOUR own lane!! These can be dialed back, but ....Crazy!

Some of these warnings and driver aids are horse-crap. They have a looong way to go if you ask me. There, I said it! ... :banghead:

At least your truck doesn't have those.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I went in to the dealership service department with the following list of modifications and they said they wouldn't do any of it because it was safety related. Do you guys think an independent shop would do this stuff for me? If it's even possible. (yes I have OCD)

-Disable seat belt not plugged in chirp
-Disable exterior back light from turning on @unlock and @Lock
-Disable dashboard lights from turning on @unlock and @door open
-Disable tire pressure sensors
-Disable turn signal clicking noise
-Lower volume of the warning indicator beep (or disable entirely)
-Set console and dashboard screens to 'screen off' mode by default

Tazer can help with some of that list.

JNelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To turn off the seat belt chime-
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any
position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully

That should do it.

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
To turn off the seat belt chime-
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any
position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully

That should do it.
I've done this. It disable the noise from constantly going off when driving without a seatbelt. But it doesn't stop the noise from beeping 5 times when you start the car without your seatbelt on.

Ended up finding this video which shows how to disconnect the wire from the beeper, will probably do it next weekend. I also just purchased a silent relay for the turn signal. At this point the most annoying things left will be the console screen and tail-light. the dashscreen remembers that you left it in screen off and stays off by default now. But the console screen I have to press screen off everytime I start the truck.

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6

Tazer can help with some of that list.
Thanks for that. The only thing I would use is the disable tire pressure warnings but once I remove the beeper that wont be as big an issue. Wish I knew someone who had one so I could just use it once to disable the tire pressure warnings.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And hopefully nothing will happen like blowing a engine up because warning lights disabled ! Oh ya I for got that what warranty is for right!?
Oh ya i for got he disabled the warring chimes and lights ! ooop's no warranty ! or god forbid brakes give out !

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
And hopefully nothing will happen like blowing a engine up because warning lights disabled ! Oh ya I for got that what warranty is for right!?
Oh ya i for got he disabled the warring chimes and lights ! ooop's no warranty ! or god forbid brakes give out !
Well if the engine or brakes go out I don't need a warning beep to tell me. The screen still lights up with the warning so I will see it just might a second or two later if Im not looking forward. And I got no warranty and liability only insurance - thats how I roll. My last car had no warning lights or beepers and I never had an issue. When my tires were low, I knew. Brakes were squealing, I knew.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do the world a favor and carefully document all the changes you’re making and stash a copy in the glove box and with the title, wherever it’s stored, so the next owner has a shot at undoing everything and returning to stock configuration.

best,
DG

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
I don't believe there is anyway to defeat the TPS. I'll be following this if somebody chimes in that it can be easily done.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I followed these and it worked flawless for my 2017 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 6.4l HEMI

How to retrieve the PIN from your ECU (so you don't have to beg your dealer for it)

How to change the parameters (TPMS)

I needed to purchase these two things in order to be able to get into the ECU:
1. OBDLink MX+
2. AlphaOBD App

Check this post above.
The silly phone won't allow me to copy the post link.
Stupid Android POS. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I use a seatbeltextenderpro.com seatbelt extender.

My seatbelt is permanently plugged-in as far as the ECU is concerned. No lights or warnings ever.

Plus, buckling or unbuckling the belt is much easier especially while wearing a heavy coat.

Do you plug one into the passenger seat as well to stop it from beeping if your passenger doesn't plug their belt right away?