New Ram, How to disable all the annoying electronics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For technological misophonia sufferers, try this...

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 89207 miles.

Attachments

• 1945 Dodge D-series Pick up.jpg
    1945 Dodge D-series Pick up.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 7

chucko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Google turning off the seat belt reminder, there is a process you do and once you do it the seat belt reminder is off until you do the procedure again

OP
OP
I-Have-OCD

I-Have-OCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Google turning off the seat belt reminder, there is a process you do and once you do it the seat belt reminder is off until you do the procedure again
Unfortunately this doesn't stop the chime from beeping off 5 times when you start the car without your seatbelt on. And that is the only thing I want to disable.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately this doesn't stop the chime from beeping off 5 times when you start the car without your seatbelt on. And that is the only thing I want to disable.

That's odd, IIRC, that tweak fixed the nanny ding completely on both front seats on my truck.
Zero ding factor, just a nanny light. :cool:

The only thing I dislike about that fix is that the EVIC is still monopolized with a large red warning for a short period, while I might prefer to be checking something else.

I'm headed out shortly, I'll pop my seatbelt extender out and confirm. Then again, your truck may respond differently than mine.

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
My house is two block from railroad. One run is always about 2 am. I bought the house in 1998 it was annoying at the best. Not anymore. Be paitent you get used to it. Human mind amazing thing.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I was working with AlphaOBD yesterday, turns out the Autopark feature shows in the list. I did not try to disable it, the seat belt extender works fine for that while the engine is running and disabling it completely would also disable the move it to park with engine off feature when you open the door and left it in drive or neutral. Never actually done that but I see no downside to this feature.

My bet however is that this function can be completely turned off for those that really hate it. If you turn it off, remember to turn it back on before you sell the truck. That is not a change that a new user should inherit..

Excerpt from the BCM configuration file, 2021 2500 Ram.

Vehicle Brand: Ram

Display Compass Heading Present: Yes

Interior Electrochromic Mirror Present: Yes

ESCL System Present: No

High Intensity Discharge Headlamps: No

Secondary Lock Present: No

Liftgate/Trunk Type: Trunk

Collision Mitigation System Present: No

Forward Collision Warning Present: No

Base TPM System Present: No

Premium TPM System Present: Yes

Paddle Shift Feature Present: Yes

Sport Mode Present: No

Auto Park Present: Yes

Passive Entry Present: Yes

Keyless Go Present: Yes

X:

Last edited:

armallard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would just like to back up with my tailgate down without it stopping the truck.

Marco2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
This is from a post from this very site by Sherman Bird. There are lots of others who have posted this as well as a ton of YouTube on it. In point of fact, if you had read the very first page of this actual thread you would have found this exact information. I generally won't look stuff up for guys, it really isn't that hard to search this forum. This is a one time pass cause you are new. ;)

Seat belt turnoff:
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in the off position buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light, and the other start up lights to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning
Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.

This gets rid of the Ding but you still get the warning on the EVIC. A seat belt extender will get rid of both.
Thanks for posting this procedure. My wife is very impatient and unbuckles before stopping then gets pissed at the chime. This spares my ears on two fronts.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For:
-Disable exterior back light from turning on @unlock and @Lock
-Disable dashboard lights from turning on @unlock and @door open

These were big problems for me at night when camping--blinds everyone including me. I removed the bulb for the bed light but never found a solution for the dash lights.
I think with AlfaOBD you can set it to "police mode" which will allow turning off interior lights and approach lights. But I don't remember 100% what all it changes.