New Ram orders, when, where and share what you know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their new tranny or true gen 5 cab so I ordered a new Patriot Blue 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies. I got the 50 gal tank, snow chief, engine block heater, dual alternators, I didn’t get air bags, back up alarm and electronic up-fitter. Order placed 10/16/21 from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379. I was told the sales people are on salary and everyone gets that pricing. It was over the phone and easy. Yey! I typically don’t do well dealing with car dealerships and sales. Got my Vin# today, Monday.
I now get to start the 5 MONTH wait! After waiting 2 years to pull the trigger I thought it’d be easy to wait 5 months. I’m wrong! Ordered yesterday and now salivating.

BY THE WAY FORUM FOLKS, you all are the best! I’ve learned so much and have had a great time doing so. So tell me how to track my truck, where you got your deal, what you got and when you ordered.

Well in 4 months I’m gonna sell the greatest truck I’ve ever owned. Got it new in 2006, 4x4 quad cab 5.9 CTD Laramie long bed with 141,000 miles. Apparently worth a lot right now. Couldn’t resist.

2500 Builder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I just ordered a 2500 Crew Cab in Delmonico Red Night Edition with the Cummins yesterday morning and was told probably 12 weeks. When we were putting in the build options in the computer we got a message "awaiting next allocation". The sales guy didn't know what that meant or how long that would be so I'm guessing probably even longer. I wanted to wait for the '23 or '24 but trade in values are so good was hard to wait.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I just ordered a 2500 Crew Cab in Delmonico Red Night Edition with the Cummins yesterday morning and was told probably 12 weeks. When we were putting in the build options in the computer we got a message "awaiting next allocation". The sales guy didn't know what that meant or how long that would be so I'm guessing probably even longer. I wanted to wait for the '23 or '24 but trade in values are so good was hard to wait.
Too funny, I was the same way. Wanted to wait cuz in ‘23 or ‘24 they’ll have the new gen 5 cab and probably the new tranny but the trade in value right now is too good to squander.
I ordered a Limited 3500 with all the options from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana for 5% under invoice. That pricing is typical for them. I figure I’ll keep the truck for 3-4 years and get a new one then and not take such a bath as I’ll sell my existing 2006 2500 Cummins Laramie for 29k! It’s only got 141,000 miles and it’s super clean. By the new one for 83k and use it for 3 years and sell it in the 70’s.
But 5 month wait!

2500 Builder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Too funny, I was the same way. Wanted to wait cuz in ‘23 or ‘24 they’ll have the new gen 5 cab and probably the new tranny but the trade in value right now is too good to squander.
I ordered a Limited 3500 with all the options from Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana for 5% under invoice. That pricing is typical for them. I figure I’ll keep the truck for 3-4 years and get a new one then and not take such a bath as I’ll sell my existing 2006 2500 Cummins Laramie for 29k! It’s only got 141,000 miles and it’s super clean. By the new one for 83k and use it for 3 years and sell it in the 70’s.
But 5 month wait!
What was the MSRP on the builder? Mine was $89,400 but with discount, I'm at 83K. I will fly down and pick up a truck in LA if the deals that great. $3200 more off sound great.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It was smart not to get the Air Suspension for a Colorado truck

a message "awaiting next allocation"
It means that each dealership has an allocation each month
Some dealers are volume dealers & they may sell 50 Rams a month
Other dealers may only sell 12 Rams a month

When they put in their monthly order, the Headquarters office looks at the past sales history & checks that against how many orders that they have sold on a monthly basis & that average is all that they can order, because that is their allocation, the dealer that sells 12 Ram a month, can't order 13, but the 13th order will be number 1 on the following months order

Now dealerships can do a little Horse Trading
say the dealership that sells 50 Rams has had a bad sales month, but they dont have enough sports model cars
The dealership that does not have enough Rams, may have too many sports cars.
They can do a swap & it happens all the time

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What was the MSRP on the builder? Mine was $89,400 but with discount, I'm at 83K. I will fly down and pick up a truck in LA if the deals that great. $3200 more off sound great.
My MSRP was 93,555. Talk to Renae at Mark Dodge. If you want I can give you her number. Just PM me. Here is her email. [email protected] It’ll be the easiest sale you ever had. She’s awesome. I’m Ty if she asked who gave you her info.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
It was smart not to get the Air Suspension for a Colorado truck

a message "awaiting next allocation"
It means that each dealership has an allocation each month
Some dealers are volume dealers & they may sell 50 Rams a month
Other dealers may only sell 12 Rams a month

When they put in their monthly order, the Headquarters office looks at the past sales history & checks that against how many orders that they have sold on a monthly basis & that average is all that they can order, because that is their allocation, the dealer that sells 12 Ram a month, can't order 13, but the 13th order will be number 1 on the following months order

Now dealerships can do a little Horse Trading
say the dealership that sells 50 Rams has had a bad sales month, but they dont have enough sports model cars
The dealership that does not have enough Rams, may have too many sports cars.
They can do a swap & it happens all the time
I didn’t order the airbag suspension for a bunch of reasons but Colorado wasn’t one of them. Can you tell me what makes you think that?
my reasoning was I don’t like that it take the place of the overload spring, they’re nitrogen filled and that I’ve heard the auto leveling has caused some problems for some guys loading their 5th wheels (sure that’s user error but I don’t need that) and I like the idea of aftermarket airbags with a compressor in addition to the stock suspension.

By the way, thanks for your service, I’m guessing Marine? El Cajon is near the Marine base.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I mentioned the air suspension in Colorado because i have read about the system going hay wire when the Temperatures get down to a certain point. I don't recall whether it freezes up or that it was something else.
When i think Colorado, i think mountains, cold, skiing, dead batteries
You know, all the fun things :)

El Cajon is about 25 miles from San Diego Naval Bases, i think 5 of them
Camp Pendleton is about 45 or 50 miles away

I was in the Navy on a flat top, USS Oriskany CVA 34

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
When they tell you that they have assigned a VIN# to your Ram

Go to this site & enter the VIN# into the site below
Use Capital Letters

Still nothing populates. It just says no records found still. I only ordered on 10/16.
Ill write her in a week just for grins. I haven’t been bugging her and don’t intend to.

2500 Builder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My MSRP was 93,555. Talk to Renae at Mark Dodge. If you want I can give you her number. Just PM me. Here is her email. [email protected] It’ll be the easiest sale you ever had. She’s awesome. I’m Ty if she asked who gave you her info.
Thank you for that information. I called them today and sent a copy of my build order. If it's that much better than here in Chicago I will have to change my dealership. Lake Charles is a 16 hour drive from Chicago and I will need to get a plane ticket and hotel most likely so I will have to run the numbers. Off the bat, it's about $220 in diesel, $200 for a plane ticket, and $200 for a hotel. Maybe another $100 in food and drinks and I'm still looking at saving $3000.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thank you for that information. I called them today and sent a copy of my build order. If it's that much better than here in Chicago I will have to change my dealership. Lake Charles is a 16 hour drive from Chicago and I will need to get a plane ticket and hotel most likely so I will have to run the numbers. Off the bat, it's about $220 in diesel, $200 for a plane ticket, and $200 for a hotel. Maybe another $100 in food and drinks and I'm still looking at saving $3000.
Yeah it’s 16 hours from Colorado too. I figure if my truck actually gets built when they say it’ll be about beginning March. Mardi Gras is then and I’ve never been. Ive never been to Louisiana. I’ll make a vacation out of it.
plus my dealer here said the best he can do is still 5k more than what they did if he could do that even.
By the way they’ll ship it to you as well. They will also drive it free up to 250 miles. So like Dallas/Fortworth is close to you.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I don't know about now with the Covid & the lack of truck drivers to make deliveries of any kind.

If this was normal times,

It would normally take right at 3 months to place an factory order to delivery of a Ram 1500

Heavy duty Ram could take 3 1/2 to 4 months, again in normal times

This time of year, any orders could have extra delays
The assembly plants will likely shut down around December 18th to maybe January 3rd

If your order leaves the body vendor before that date & goes into Status KZ, your order will continue to move, because the Freight Cars & Trucking Outfits don't shut down for the Holidays

Oyou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
I received my VIN for my 3500 Limited on Oct 8th and I just tried it too. Mine came back with "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided".

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I received my VIN for my 3500 Limited on Oct 8th and I just tried it too. Mine came back with "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided".
Yeah, me too. I was told by others that it takes sometimes 6 weeks from vin to see anything. Also told that when you do see stuff it’s often wrong!
I ordered my 3500 limited on Oct. 15 and the most important thing the dealer told me was the 5 months I’ll be waiting!

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
My brother ordered his half ton laramie loaded up with everything he could get except air suspension and sunroof on October 15. He got a VIN and a buiild date of 11/6.

OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My brother ordered his half ton laramie loaded up with everything he could get except air suspension and sunroof on October 15. He got a VIN and a buiild date of 11/6.
Wow! Lucky! Not the same for most of us however. Not sure if it’s the 1/2 ton that makes the difference but we all ordered the HD trucks and we’ve been getting the 5 month and some have been waiting longer!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Laramie 1500 is built at the Sterling Heights Michigan Assembly Plant, know as SHAP.
They build the 5th Generation Rams there

about 6 miles away, at Warren Michigan, they build the 4th Generation Ram 1500s, such as the Tradesman & Bighorn

Semi trucks load up at the Assembly Plants to go to nearby Dealerships & they may go as far as Toronto

Freight cars are also loaded at the assembly plants & from everything i have been able to determine, the first STOP is at a major Railway Hub near Chicago, i think the town is called Naperville.

At this Freight Railway Hub, all the Railroad Companies send their Engines there to drop off empty rail cars & pick up full ones that are going to their territories, no matter where that may be in Canada, USA & Mexico
What i find almost amazing, is the fact, that no matter where you live, once your Ram is loaded on a Rail Car at the assembly plant, you Ram stays on that same rail car, in the same position, until that freight car reaches a destination near you.

So for instance, your Ram 2500 is loaded on a freight Car in Saltillo Mexico & you live in Calgary, that means that they need 11 more Rams that are going to the Calgary general area.
The freight car next to it may be loaded with Rams going to Quebec.
The Logistics must be a night mare

==================================

I only want the ones going to Florida to load the freight car

mkbl288railcag201104121.jpg

Attachments

• mkbl288railcag201104121.jpg
    mkbl288railcag201104121.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
thebuilderman

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The Laramie 1500 is built at the Sterling Heights Michigan Assembly Plant, know as SHAP.
They build the 5th Generation Rams there

about 6 miles away, at Warren Michigan, they build the 4th Generation Ram 1500s, such as the Tradesman & Bighorn

Semi trucks load up at the Assembly Plants to go to nearby Dealerships & they may go as far as Toronto

Freight cars are also loaded at the assembly plants & from everything i have been able to determine, the first STOP is at a major Railway Hub near Chicago, i think the town is called Naperville.

At this Freight Railway Hub, all the Railroad Companies send their Engines there to drop off empty rail cars & pick up full ones that are going to their territories, no matter where that may be in Canada, USA & Mexico
What i find almost amazing, is the fact, that no matter where you live, once your Ram is loaded on a Rail Car at the assembly plant, you Ram stays on that same rail car, in the same position, until that freight car reaches a destination near you.

So for instance, your Ram 2500 is loaded on a freight Car in Saltillo Mexico & you live in Calgary, that means that they need 11 more Rams that are going to the Calgary general area.
The freight car next to it may be loaded with Rams going to Quebec.
The Logistics must be a night mare

==================================

I only want the ones going to Florida to load the freight car

View attachment 476141
That was great info. How did you get that info?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have been reading 4 different Ram forums off & on
since December 2009

One of the things that i have always been interested in is Transportation & Logistics
On a different forum, there was a guy that Tracking Chrysler vehicles was a main part of his job, he worked in Chrysler/FCA Headquarters
Over the years people would ask him questions & i would try to soak up much of what he had to say.

We know the Heavy Duty & Standard Cab Rams are built in Saltillo Mexico, as are Promaster
Every once in a while, when the Warren Michigan Assembly Plant has had more Orders than it did time, & Saltillo Mexico had finished its run of vehicles for a production year. Then Saltillo would help Warren Michigan catch up on the Order list by running 1500s.
I have seen at least 1 Ram 1500 sitting on a Heavy Duty Frame, so it was in truth a Ram 2500 with 1500 emblems