New Ram orders, when, where and share what you know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WWSvendsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6-HO
Delivery Estimate just updated to a week sooner ... October 27. We shall see.

Pops4163

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my 1500 July 28th, built Sept 25th, shipped Sept 26th, delivered to dealer Oct 7th, picked up on Oct 11th. 2 months and 12 days. Waited a couple days for dealer installed window tint and nitrogen filled tires. Not sure the nitrogen was worth it, pressures still rise 3 to 4 pounds when driving but definitely wanted the extra tint living in Texas. Patriot Blue, level 2 interior, air ride, chrome side steps, rubber floor mats and Led light package, 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer. Anything but painted wheels were unavailable, but that's easy to remedy. Not the nicest ride on the road, but I'm very happy with it, didn't break the bank, but fits my needs, 5 back surgeries.

Attachments

• 20221012_135746.jpg
    20221012_135746.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 4

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I ordered my 1500 July 28th, built Sept 25th, shipped Sept 26th, delivered to dealer Oct 7th, picked up on Oct 11th. 2 months and 12 days. Waited a couple days for dealer installed window tint and nitrogen filled tires. Not sure the nitrogen was worth it, pressures still rise 3 to 4 pounds when driving but definitely wanted the extra tint living in Texas. Patriot Blue, level 2 interior, air ride, chrome side steps, rubber floor mats and Led light package, 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer. Anything but painted wheels were unavailable, but that's easy to remedy. Not the nicest ride on the road, but I'm very happy with it, didn't break the bank, but fits my needs, 5 back surgeries.
Only 3-4 psi increase in warm TX temps that's good, even with our now cooler 60 degree days my tires will see around 5-6 psi increase after driving 6 miles in town and this summer saw no less then 10 psi increase, my self I would not pay extra for it, every time I shop at Costco I let 15-20 PSI out of my tires then refill them at the free Nitrogen air station next to tire shop :)...

Pops4163

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only 3-4 psi increase in warm TX temps that's good, even with our now cooler 60 degree days my tires will see around 5-6 psi increase after driving 6 miles in town and this summer saw no less then 10 psi increase, my self I would not pay extra for it, every time I shop at Costco I let 15-20 PSI out of my tires then refill them at the free Nitrogen air station next to tire shop :)...
Thanks, my1st time dealing with nitrogen. I thought the whole reason behind it was to stop the pressure fluctuation with temps, beats me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Is nitrogen in tires a gimmick?

Since nitrogen does not completely eliminate temperature-related pressure changes under normal driving conditions, it is of little benefit to vehicle owners who properly maintain their tires.
Myth: Using nitrogen in tires makes them “maintenance free” so there is no longer any need to check the tire pressures.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A nitrogen molecule is larger than an air molecule. The idea is that the tire is better able to hold the nitrogen in without small losses for longer. It is a mute point if you regularly check and maintain the correct pressure.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Is nitrogen in tires a gimmick?

Since nitrogen does not completely eliminate temperature-related pressure changes under normal driving conditions, it is of little benefit to vehicle owners who properly maintain their tires.
Myth: Using nitrogen in tires makes them “maintenance free” so there is no longer any need to check the tire pressures.

It cracks me up when I see people lined up at a Costco to refill their nitrogen-filled tires.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Nicely equipped 1500 and congrats on the rig. The 1/2 tons were coming out faster than the HD trucks and that for sure is the proof. I can't believe some guys are still waiting for their 3500s.

I like blue, that was my second choice of color. Did you go with the 12" infotainment screen? Don't put your fist through it when it goes black for no reason. Just let it rest a few hours and it comes back to life. I've made the report to RAM via the ram cares guy on Here. Any additional custom plans for the rig?

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Well for one its FREE an in my area many air pumps at stations charge you $ so you can put air in your tires...
Figures - the air costs money and nitrogen is free - if that is the case then go for it! Curious, and apologies if you already answered it but how often do you add nitrogen with the nitrogen-filled tires?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Figures - the air costs money and nitrogen is free - if that is the case then go for it! Curious, and apologies if you already answered it but how often do you add nitrogen with the nitrogen-filled tires?

On the last set of tires I bought for my old truck (06 4x4 CTD 2500) from Costco I was lucky if I had to put air in them once every 4-5 months...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i have my tires rotated between 5,000 to 6,000 miles
it gets done at Discount Tire

I don't trust the dealership to do it correctly, especially the tire balancing

Pops4163

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nicely equipped 1500 and congrats on the rig. The 1/2 tons were coming out faster than the HD trucks and that for sure is the proof. I can't believe some guys are still waiting for their 3500s.

I like blue, that was my second choice of color. Did you go with the 12" infotainment screen? Don't put your fist through it when it goes black for no reason. Just let it rest a few hours and it comes back to life. I've made the report to RAM via the ram cares guy on Here. Any additional custom plans for the rig?
Defiantly going to change tire rims, bed liner and hard folding tonneau. I like the 12" screen, but stayed with the 8.4, included in the level 2 package. Read to many complaints with the 12". I'm sure many have had good success with them , but too many haven't. Thanks

txcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Ram 3500 is in production. How long is the actual build process? I thought it was 1-2 days but it's been "in production" for 4 days.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Mine was D1 status April 26 and born on May 4th Or something close to that.