New Ram orders, when, where and share what you know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajislas96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO Cummins
Placed my order on 11/01/2021
On 12/18/2021 I received the email with the VIN from Customer care. Since then it still sitting at D Status

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Dinky, that salesman was trying to scare you away from ordering from the factory
He want a quick sale from that dealerships current inventory

Other people are still placing orders every day

ChaosMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is on the train.:banana-mario: ETA to rail yard is 1/25. She said it could take 3 weeks from rail yard to dealership.:(
That's the point I'm at, it apparently got off loaded from the train 2 weeks ago...so I'm in the "any day now" holding pattern.

Ajislas96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO Cummins
That or he didn’t have allocation. Kinda frustrated. It’s been 3 months and it hasn’t even been built yet. I heard production was ramping up

Oyou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Ordered on October 5th.
VIN Date: October 8th.
Status D: 11/1/21
Ship Date: 12/21/21
Picked Up Date: 1/15/22
Ram 3500 High Output Dually Limited Editon

Dallas, Texas

Last edited:

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered a Laramie 2500 with the 6.4 hemi on Dec 6. I received an email with my VIN on Dec 15. On Jan 10, I was able to see the build sheet and the window sticker. Also on Jan 10, my salesman said it has shipped and should arrive at the dealership between Jan 19 and Jan 24.
It was built in Mexico and I am in South Louisiana.
My truck arrived at the dealer on Jan 19, I’m out of state and will pick it up on Jan 21. A8CD57CE-066A-4508-8DCF-8F21E74441E1.jpeg

Kingland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I tried to order a 3500 mega cab Larmie Night Edition in Patriot Blue with the HO Cummins and my dealership said the factory is not taking orders right now for the Night Editions.

Has anyone heard anything about the Night Editions lately?

I reached out to Ram about the Night Editions asking if they are still planning on making them and they said I should be able to order them now.

Maybe this is a regional issue? I'm on the east coast.
Md/VA/Delaware area.

I do trust my Salesman some what. I ordered my jeep though him 5 years ago. And he is one of the top salesmen for jeeps on the east coast. I got 6% under with the jeep and working on getting 5% to 6% on the Ram if I can get it ordered. Not sure if he is waiting until February for commissions or something to do with the amount of Ram trucks they can order in a month.

Wounding if I should try another dealership or wait it out. I was already planning on waiting 3 months for delivery anyway. But it would be nice to have my order in.

txcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Placed my order on 11/01/2021
On 12/18/2021 I received the email with the VIN from Customer care. Since then it still sitting at D Status
I read many comments about orders being delayed and so when I o
My truck arrived at the dealer on Jan 19, I’m out of state and will pick it up on Jan 21. View attachment 483303
Congrats! I see you went from a 6.7 TD to the 6.4 hemi. Any particular reason for the change?

Complete Turf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I read many comments about orders being delayed and so when I o

Congrats! I see you went from a 6.7 TD to the 6.4 hemi. Any particular reason for the change?
I went to the Hemi because I already have a 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with the same 6.4L hemi and I like the way it handles. I also have a 2016 Ram 3500 Cab/Chassis with the 6.7L diesel. The diesel is a lot more sluggish, especially getting onto the interstate while pulling a load. I know that the diesel in the cab/chassis is 'de-tuned' compared to a pickup bed model.

And, the $9400 extra cost was just not worth it to me for this particular truck. I don't intend to be pulling as much with this truck as I do with the 3500. Plus, I was able to get the 50 gallon fuel tank with this new truck. My 3500 has the 52 gallon diesel tank, which I really like.

mzs22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I placed my order on 1/10/ 22 and still haven't heard anything yet. I wanted to add an option to my order but not sure if its to late.

txcharlie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went to the Hemi because I already have a 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with the same 6.4L hemi and I like the way it handles. I also have a 2016 Ram 3500 Cab/Chassis with the 6.7L diesel. The diesel is a lot more sluggish, especially getting onto the interstate while pulling a load. I know that the diesel in the cab/chassis is 'de-tuned' compared to a pickup bed model.

And, the $9400 extra cost was just not worth it to me for this particular truck. I don't intend to be pulling as much with this truck as I do with the 3500. Plus, I was able to get the 50 gallon fuel tank with this new truck. My 3500 has the 52 gallon diesel tank, which I really like.
Makes sense. Was wondering if you had bad luck with the CTD.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dinky, that salesman was trying to scare you away from ordering from the factory
He want a quick sale from that dealerships current inventory

Other people are still placing orders every day

I don't think so. The truck I got wasn't in inventory when I was talking to him then. He offered to order me one right from the start. Also new trucks are not staying on the lot very long as cost of new from used is not far off. I don't know if you deal with supply shortage but I have been dealing with it since 2020 on construction materials. Look at how many ford's are sitting waiting on a few chips. If it has happened to all manufacturers it's bound to happen to ram..

Khalifa45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 1500 Backcountry
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah could be. The dealer said maybe since it's a new package maybe they left something off. Who knows. It's sat in Hapeville for 5 weeks. Time to move on.
Update. I have a VIN for 1500 BackCountry package #2. Ram #1 is still sitting at the rail yard.

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
My Laramie was ordered on 9/4/21 and I had my VIN and D status by the 9th. Yesterday, January 25th, it finally moved to D1 status. 15 weeks which supports the 20+ week to delivery estimates being made.
Then again, mine has a few items on it which were subject to component shortages.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
drossday
what you received on 9/9/21 was not a VIN
It was more like a confirmation of your order
the number could have been a VON, vehicle order number

now that your status has changed to D1
you will be receiving the VIN

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
drossday

I don't believe that's necessarily the case, many of us received their vin within a few days of ordering. I ordered on a Saturday and had mine by Monday, and my VON was on the POC that I got around the time I ordered.

I know people in Canada don't seem to get their vin until the truck is being built though, but I haven't heard of that in the U.S.

ChaosMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my VIN a week after ordering well before it was remotely close to being built...and speaking of...got the call a little while ago it's at the dealership so I'll be getting it Friday. Ordered October 6th, it was built just before Christmas and has sat in the train yard for 3 weeks but finally here.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Since this Covid thing has been going on
Ram's whole ordering system has changed

2 years ago you placed your Order for a Ram 1500,
less than a week later they sent out the POC with your VON #, your status at that point was B1
about a week later the status would jump to C & once in a while it would quickly jump to status D & at times it would drop back to C.
Then after a few days it would be Status D

Maybe a week later you might get a D1 status, which is scheduling

Your vehicle was then built & sent to the body vendor & back to the assembly plant for final inspection. Then it went to the shipping yard

Usually all that worked out to 8 or 9 weeks
Then shipping would take 3 to 5 or 6 weeks

The average timing ran right at 12 weeks, start to finish

.....................................................................................

I still wonder what they did with all of those Rams that were never completed back in 2021, they did not have enough computer chips to add things like
Heads Up Display
Digital Rear Mirror
360 View
Optional Camera System

so they were parked in huge storage lots, all over Michigan

I wonder if those particular Rams went to places like AVIS, Hertz, etc. ??

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
drossday

I had my VON walking out of the Dealership and my VIN and D status by the end of the week.
Frankly I am just glad its moved to scheduling D1 status because now atleast there has been some movement. The dealer is now checking status every several days watching it for D2, E framing, etc. Hopeful she will be here in six weeks or better.