New Ram owner, can't believe how bad it is in the snow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya’ll really still beating a dead horse in this thread a week and 8 pages later?

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even without the 37" tires, what against you is called physics. A dually sucks in the snow as you have halved the amount of weight per square inch that is put to the ground on the rear axle along with an extra almost 1K lbs over the front axle and what your driving is a nose heavy vehicle with a floating rear end.
One thing that can help is keep a good thousand pounds in the bed(probably more since you have 37"s).
Even still your comparing an almost 10K lbs vehicle with solid axles that's designed to haul weight against those Fords that are half the weight that have independent front suspensions and more creature comfort suspensions.
Also the low end torque of the Cummins doesn't help matters in low traction conditions, even my EcoDiesel can be a pain in the snow while in 4X4 and it has LSD (rear) and 3 Peak rated tires.
Get yourself some BFG KO2's they work great in the snow. Good traction and no problem stopping.

Silver21Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
New Ram owner here I can't believe how bad this truck is in the snow. Compared to the previous two Fords I had before this, the Raptor and platinum both 150s this thing is awful it's a Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 with brand new rims brand new 37 inch tires no reason it should be such slug in the snow, obviously I have four wheel drive, this thing refuses to stop and refuses to turn just terrible. She is absolutely beautiful though, I'll give her that.
Your truck was perfect in OEM build.
You messed it up.
Better be real careful in the snow and never venture out in icy conditions.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good job everybody scaring him off. Lol

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Gotta be Adult enough to admit self inflicted wounds...

Reactions: JCE

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
He got the answer and was made fun of on the first page. IMHO that covered it, but carry on.

denfireguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To make a toboggan faster, you make it wider. Distribute the weight over a larger surface area. Wider tires do the same thing.
I had a Jeep CJ-7. The best tires for it were 4ply non-radial snows on all four corners. The short wheel base and radial tires made me use four wheel drive with the differentials in lock at all times in snow. 4ply tires only required lock in deep snow.

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has no one considered that this was a weak troll attempt.

I bet if I took the time to reverse image search those truck pics that he stole them from another site
Do it.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the Michelins I got are way better in the snow then the original good years and I have tried them out getting the trailer out.92ECDF76-1A9C-49EC-8706-C9DEF08E1612.jpegD582DFB7-9ED5-445E-BCEC-45A1019FDBD8.jpeg

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has no one considered that this was a weak troll attempt.

I bet if I took the time to reverse image search those truck pics that he stole them from another site
Figured it was from the get go. Hilarious people are still giving serious answers. Lol! Just like wildone says, OP hasn’t logged in since he made this thread. Well done OP, well done! Lol