New Ram Owner Has Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evolizzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my 2nd Ram. I bought a new 2013 Express RCSB before my 5th Gen. It was my dragstrip/weekend truck that I put about 80k miles on during years I had it. Full bolt-on, geared, 100shot, tuned, fun little truck. I can tell you that, unless you're ok with waiting your turn for warranty work, for a worn cam lobe/lifter bearing or cracked manifold, you better start soon with preventive maintenance. As soon as my first oil change hit on my 2021 Lone Star I switched to Redline 5w30 and started changing it at 5k intervals. Another thing I did at the first oil change was get rid of those weak and restrictive factory exhaust manifolds that flow poorly and are prone to cracking. I installed stainless steel headers.

Understand that there are many avenues to choose to help with both forms of the tick (lifters and/or exhaust). However, this was the route I chose for both of my Rams. Primarily, because both have been proven to work. I never had the tick on my 4th Gen taking those preventive steps, and the engine on my 5th Gen is very, very quiet when listening to it with the hood popped.

Another thing that is unique to me but may not be to others is that I am completely against taking my vehicle to a Service center for repairs. I simply do not trust dealer Auto Mechanics or local mechanics. I do not believe they care about me or my truck and will not be as methodical in making a repair or upgrade. Just my two cents.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You really just need to enjoy the truck. Most people come to forums like this cause they are having issues. rest just don't have life (or find out ways to improve their trucks and/or share what they did)
10,000's of Hemi have never have/had an issue.