New RAM owner. Need exhaust input please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hleuckanator333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a flowmaster super 40 on my 2014 1500 an I love it, left the factory resonator on I get constant compliments on the exhaust tone and volume. No cab droan. I like the flow masters better than the magnaflow or dynomax because the chambered muffler has a distinct sound that is complimentary to a 2 into 1 V8 exhaust. JMHO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Borla is the choice for me. Nice growl

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of options, even more opinions on exhaust for the Ram.

I went with a Corsa system. A bit pricey, but in my case worth the cost. The Corsa is built with higher end materials so it should last a long time, and saves a LOT of weight over the OE Sport exhaust I had. Absolutely NO drone in Cab at any RPM, has a nice rumble at idle, sounds like a Hellcat at WOT runs but only slightly louder at highway cruise speed. I notice a slight increase in MPG and a bit better throttle response (but that may have been just me). I'd expect a bit of a HP gain over stock due to better exhaust flow. The black/stainless tips are also a nice touch and match my Black Sport.

Gregory Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Hello all,
I just purchased a 2015 RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Black Edition for my wife. Currently the truck is completely stock other then the LED swap I did. We want some more growl to it. I searched on the site for some exhaust ideas and feedback but there is so many I figured I would post here and hope someone can redirect a link or just give me some advice. I also do not understand the term "drone" ive seen that in many exhaust threads.

Here is what I am looking for:

We would like it to have more rumble but we also do not want it to be crazy loud since we have a 3 year old daughter. So at this time i am not looking for headers (yet). I am looking to just give it some more sound and slightly better performance. Also wondering if I can get a little better gas mileage with opening the exhaust up.

Ive seen resonator or muffler deletes but not sure on whether that is something worth doing or if i should just buy a new muffler and x pipe or y pipe?

Sorry I am new to the truck world I own an STi so having a HEMI is quite a bit different from modifying my car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if we have a dealer that offers us discounts that would be nice to know. Lastly what brand is going to be my best bet to go with.

Thanks again,

Dan Chojecki
FireFighter/Paramedic

570kringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a cat back from performance -curve off eBay muffler an dusk out back and sound great the muffler is only 7inch long so I had to buy a 2 foot piece of pipe to make up difference in size from old muffler 215.00 free shipping fit with out any problems.

Running93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Flowmaster Super 10 with the resonator delete and most definitely get rid of the factory Y pipe. Your baby will grow to like and look forward to hearing the growl

DAflyer250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a bolt in Flowmaster on my 2019 Ram Ltd. love it! You do have to cut the pipe right behind the stock muffler but the front connection flange fits right in place of the OEM muffler. Sound is great, no drone and my son says he can hear the growl from behind on the highway. Self installed, no prob!

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Manga Flow American Thunder and remove the resonators nicest sound for the Ram It’s got dual out’s from a super 40, cat back about 700.00

OP
OP
D

dan chojecki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Dan! I was looking for the same thing on my 2013 Ram 1500. The factory exhaust just didn’t do the Hemi justice. I went to my local exhaust shop to talk about options, and he recommended the Magnaflow 12288 muffler. I was leaning more towards a Flowmaster, but he said that he really recommends Magnaflow over Flowmaster. So I pulled the trigger, and had him install it. I’m glad I did.

Zero drone in the cab, meaning it can feel like a pressurized balloon under hard acceleration. And it’s fairly quiet under normal driving conditions. However the growl during start-ups, and cold-starts is beefy and exactly what I was looking for. And when I put my foot into it, people know that I’m coming down the road. But not obnoxiously. I run that with the factory setup and I’m happy.

As far as performance and fuel economy go, I didn’t notice much of a performance gain. I wanna say that Magnaflow claims it gives the truck 10HP or so, but something like that isn’t going to be too noticeable. It’s more of a placebo effect, since you can hear the exhaust a lot more over the factory one. Same with fuel economy. It’s still the factory 3” tubing into 2.5” dual rear exhausts. So I’m going to say that the only thing you are really going to notice is the tone and noise difference.

All-in-all, I’m super happy with this muffler and for $359 installed, it wasn’t too bad. You also can’t beat Magnaflow’s lifetime warranty. Just keep the tag and the receipt. I’m sure there are a few clips on YouTube, but nothing is going to do it justice like hearing it in person.

Hope that helps!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/12288-performance-muffler-magnaflow-5-x-8-oval-centerdual-straight-through-performance-muffler

Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

91lowrydr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Pm me and I’ll let you call and listen to the flow master. I went with flow master and kept the resonators. No drone and plenty of deep rumble. I’ve had magma flow as well but the flow master is my personal choice.

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an ‘18 1500 SLT which has the single 3” passenger side exit behind the rear passenger side tire. I bought a stainless Flowmaster FlowFX 3” inlet and off-center outlet, a 22” long stainless exhaust pipe on Amazon, and had a mechanic shop weld it together. I kept the rear resonator as well. Cost about $120 total. Has a nice deep tone when accelerating or under load but not obnoxiously loud, and no constant drone (which is constantly hearing a low exhaust tone when cruising). Ive been very pleased with this setup. Flowmaster makes the same muffler for the dual exhaust as well but it may cost a little more to have a shop do a dual setup.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Y-Pipe going into the 3" exhaust tube to a Magnaflow 18" SI/DO going back with no resonators and 5" tips.

Sounds very good at WOT, but nice, deep, and mellow under normal driving. I have had this setup for 6 years now.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
This is just the muffler & tips, I kept the resonators.
The idle sounds stock until you gave it gas I couldn’t tell a difference which is good I like the way the stock exhaust sounds

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The mic on my camera doesn't do it justice.
It's way louder than stock at idle.
Listen on a computer with good speakers and you'll hear it better.
Sounds quieter on my phone than my desktop.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
The mic on my camera doesn't do it justice.
It's way louder than stock at idle.
Listen on a computer with good speakers and you'll hear it better.
Sounds quieter on my phone than my desktop.
Oh ok will do!