New Ram owner - running board opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlgobeavs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 -1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out the power OEM Boards. Make getting in and out a snap, specially for short people, and tuck up well out of the way when driving. Gives that clean no board look. You can leave them deployed in parking lots to protect your truck from door dings.

Boards up

Boards Deployed

yunnust.jpg

Dean2 - question for you. You mentioned leaving the boards down to protect against door dings. That statement seems to indicate you need to somehow extend them manually. I would have thought that the deployment of the step would have happened automatically?? Could you clarify?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Dean2 - question for you. You mentioned leaving the boards down to protect against door dings. That statement seems to indicate you need to somehow extend them manually. I would have thought that the deployment of the step would have happened automatically?? Could you clarify?
They deploy automatically when you open the doors, and then retract shortly after you close the doors. If you go onto the controls screen, you can choose to deploy the steps and they will stay deployed until you start the truck and put it in reverse or drive. This is the step I do in parking lots. There is no way to keep the boards deployed while driving, which is a good thing.