New RAM Rebel Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As of Thursday January 26th, I am a proud new owner of a 2020 RAM Rebel. This is my first FCA/Dodge/RAM vehicle ever... I have own hondas, toyotas, and nissans ever since I started driving. As of last Thursday, I test drove a 2016, 2018 and 2020 model RAM Rebel trucks. I have been on the lookout for quite some time for a truck. I have a relative that has a 2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn that is fully loaded. I have ridden in a few times over the years and have been impressed with the ride quality and the amenities inside.

I was able to locate this 2020 RAM Rebel crew cab with 81k miles (no air suspension, parking sensors, or sunroof) about 30 minutes from my house. It was a Shottenkirk dealer in Canton, GA. Strangely, it was at the Hyundai Shottenkirk instead of the CDR dealer. I found numerous 4th gen Rebels crew cab but 5th gen Rebels were only quad cabs. 5th gen crew cabs in my price range and mileage were slim per a few websites and many of them were out of state. I wasn't necessarily looking for a 2020 but the timing seemed right as well as the price. Also, my 2020 had been on their lot since November of last year.

The Carfax came back as a rental for PV Holdings which is the parent company of Avis. I was very skeptical at first when I came across this information. However, the drives like its brand new. Has fairly new tires on it. No major blemishes inside the truck. There is the common driver side seat wear near the seams on outside facing seat bottom. It's not terrible yet but I think there is some other things to try to slow the rip from spreading.

Outside the truck has scratch along the driver side rear door that was actually touched up decently. There are 3-4 chips in the paint elsewhere that was touched up, and then there is in passenger door that appears to be making contact with the fender when opening/closing. I have heard of some tricks on how to fix this. Comparing this to the driver side door/fender, the fender sits farther outward if that make sense. The passenger fender seems like someone or some thing leaned on it and bent it ever so slightly. Then the last thing that I noticed today was the RAM letters on the tailgate could use some touchup or replacing altogether.

I will be in the market for some type of bed cover before the summer. My wife is already wanting us to take the truck to the beach trip so I will need something to cover the bed.

Looking forward to browsing this forum!

327570679_3053772484919633_3630167652866048260_n.jpg

montanabound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A nice well equipped Ram to a Hyundai. That’s quite the difference for the previous owner. Assssssssssuming they bought one of course. Nice truck op, looks very clean!

For a bed cover, just go to american trucks and buy an open box rolling soft cover for 100 bucks!!

OP
OP
C

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A nice well equipped Ram to a Hyundai. That’s quite the difference for the previous owner. Assssssssssuming they bought one of course. Nice truck op, looks very clean!

For a bed cover, just go to american trucks and buy an open box rolling soft cover for 100 bucks!!
It was a rental at Avis car rentals. I believe it was only 1 owner truck. Somehow this dealer has a pipeline for buying rentals.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking Rebel! White was never my preferred color for a truck but it is really growing on me. I love the look of it with the black lower body color and black trim...really sharp.

Good luck with it!

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Awesome truck! Congratulations

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Fellow RAM / Honda guy here :) I'm not expecting my new-to-me Ram to be as bulletproof as my Hondas. You shouldn't either lol.