NEW RECALL 24 JAN 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, I had read somewhere that there is a new recall out on the 2019's ref an incorrect grounding issue cable/or at a certain point. I checked my RAM on the RAM site, and low and behold, safety recall listed. POSTING so others can check:

Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk

A loose 12-volt battery ground fastener may cause an intermittent battery ground connection which can result in an intermittent loss of power steering assist with inconsistent steering effort required by the driver. Inconsistent steering effort may contribute to oversteer and understeer conditions which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning

Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall, to remove the suspect ground fastener, inspect and clean the ground stud and cables as needed, and torque the ground fastener between 18 and 22Nm while ensuring both cables are properly secured.

FIGURED I WOULD POST this for all MY 19 Owners, as this just came out....

OP
OP
turkeybird56

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WELL, Figured getting the info out to folks is the Important thang. I'll wait on mine till I have a reason to go to dealership, 1 hour away, LOL

Squeaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Billet Sliver Limited 4x4 Crew cab
Engine
HEMI e-Torque
Called dealer yesterday. Was told at 1st a new part, ground cable, would not be available till May. Said I was disappointed if I had to drive a brand new 6000 lb truck with steering that might fail. An hour later got a call back to bring it in and they would "inspect the cable connection" to ensure it was fine (there also were several computer software upgrades that needed to be done). Was told by the service advisor that the procedure was to inspect the connection and IF BAD a new cable would be ordered and installed. Said I was good to go!

Last edited: