New Recall - 8 spd Rotary Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can ask that they don’t be done. If it is an actual safety recall I’m not sure if they are able to legally not do it if they are working on your truck, it if it is a campaign or tsb they should leave them alone if you tell them. If they do it against your instructions I am not sure there is any recourse you have. They aren’t able to flash it back to the previous version.

Keep in mind 99% of all the trucks have no issues with any of the recalls or campaigns that have been done.

thade

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Not looking to refuse anything that would affect safety, only added nanny nonsense.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can refuse, but make it known up front you do not want it. You will have to sign a form stating that you refused the recall, this releases FCA from liability should something happen in the future. Once it's done though, it's done, you can't undo it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Red-R/T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Received my letter yesterday. I have not had the U61 recall done. Cruise works fine.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Auto-Park feature is a non-issue. I am not sure why so many freak out about it. When I need to open my door to jack knife my trailer into it's parking spot next to the garage I just buckle the seatbelt behind me. The update also fixes inaccuracies of the fuel gage for those with the larger fuel tank so I was interested in getting that. The Auto-Park is a safety issue for anyone not used to the dial shifter and I would prefer not to be sued by someone down the road because I refused to get this done.

The U61 Cruise Control update I would not skip either. Mine worked fine before the update too and continues to work great after but again I would rather not have my cruise control refuse to disengage and cause a crash that could get me or someone else killed.

Face it your truck is a large computer and sometimes computers need updates. It will only get worse as they cram more tech into them.

Last edited:

wfscooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer installed it without asking when I took my truck in for the tailgate recall. Ever since my truck has been jerking when I go from park to drive, and when it down shifts to first coming to a stop. Already called dealer about removing it, and he said put a few miles on it, it should smooth back out. Something about the update cleared the shifting history. Probably bs. :(

2016 Ram 1500 Sport
After 7 months and the dealer having my truck 2 and a half of those months, Chrysler has finally decided to replace my transmission. They made the decision 3 weeks ago, but still no transmission yet. Sure miss my truck, a 4 cylinder Jeep Cherokee doesn’t have much get up and go. :(

Eclipse Aries

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took my 2014 in for 4 recalls. Apparently the flash for the transmission failed during the install and it bricked the PCM and TCM. After a 10 day wait they got new modules from the factory installed and applied the flash again, and bricked it. Again. Last I heard they were waiting to hear back from FCA if there was a different flash available. Anyone know the likely outcome for this debacle? They did give me a '19 2500 6.4 in the meantime. I'd offer to just keep this one if I wasn't going from a Laramie to a bighorn.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Auto-Park feature is a non-issue. I am not sure why so many freak out about it.
The U61 Cruise Control update I would not skip either. Mine worked fine before the update too and continues to work great after but again I would rather not have my cruise control refuse to disengage and cause a crash that could get me or someone else killed.
BINGO!!!!
I would add the tailgate drop recall as well. Mine still hasn't dropped, and I doubt it will.
I haven't done any of these "recalls".