New Revolution revealed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Some of the features look really innovative. Very cool lines on the exterior. Interior looks like its it configurable almost like the old chevy avalanche used to be, with the removable rear seats. Honestly not really an electric vehicle fan though.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I realize it is the show vehicle, so things will change. But have to say, I definitely never want a vehicle that has things controlled through an entertainment center. I want knobs that can be found and used without taking eyes off the road, notwithstanding any driver assist technologies, which I don't trust.

I do like the full side Ram box. Don't like a steering wheel that isn't a wheel. For a 1500, configuration could work. Wonder where a third row of seats would go.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I definitely never want a vehicle that has things controlled through an entertainment center. I want knobs that can be found and used without taking eyes off the road
This

I find myself glaring too long at the screen as is trying to change the climate from panel/floor/defrost ect.

As for the design… meh.
All they needed to do was take the body of the 4th/5th gen and put it over the EV drive train. I like driving normal looking vehicles.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That roof line is a problem. If the overall dimensions are close to the production, vehicle, visibility is going to be limited out of that cab. It's kind of like what they do nowadays with all the bands in sport utilities, they've curved the rear of the roof down to save weight by reducing material and it makes the rear window this tiny porthole. That's the same thing going on with the truck, the rear window is just this minuscule thing.

I'm just not a fan of how the bed intrudes into the cab area and makes the door so much smaller. Hopefully the production truck eliminates a lot of the goofiness. I highly doubt the rear doors will be suicide doors like the show vehicle, that's generally just two display the interior better. And if you have that B pillar then you have to move things back a bit or you end up with the rear door of a jeep that you can't get your boots through.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coming from a diehard mopar fan, that’s one of the ugliest EVs I’ve seen and definitely the ugliest of the few electric trucks out there. I see nothing attractive or practical about the design or aesthetics. I’m also against EVs so maybe I’m biased, lol

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Coming from a diehard mopar fan, that’s one of the ugliest EVs I’ve seen and definitely the ugliest of the few electric trucks out there. I see nothing attractive or practical about the design or aesthetics. I’m also against EVs so maybe I’m biased, lol
No, I think it loses the Ram basis in it's design. Not knocking it, but it is like calling the Mach E a mustang. It is in name only and misses the target by a zip code.

And no mention of the rumored APU. Figure they are designing the truck for group of people who don't work their trucks and just want to own one.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I get it's a concept, but it looks like a basket of gimmicks rather than a serious vehicle. OooOOOooh, an outdoor projector built in to the truck. That'll be what gets me in an EV. A "face" for my "virtual assistant"? Ridiculous.

For me, if I did want an EV truck it would be the Lightning. It's a truck first, an EV second. This thing is an entertainment system first.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I like the bed, some neat features and it looks cool from the back. But the integrated bumper in the front? Hoping that isn't the shape of things to come. Seating is interesting with the third row seats folded up into the back of the cab.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Tell that to the Plymouth Prowler. ;-P

Roadster up front, fat woman bending over from the rear, but at least it was slow. To sell and to drive. I *very* briefly worked for a dealership when they were a thing and there was a purple one that sat on the floor forever.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Lets hope it has better than a 15 mile range towing anything larger than a car.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
RAM is late to the game with an EV so they showed off a concept vehicle for attention. Absolutely nothing about range or recharge times but they did say it was an 800-volt electrical architecture. What sets the RAM apart from the field of EV pick-ups wasn't made. No mention of pricing but hey, these EV pickups are getting rather expensive limiting who can afford one. I just read the cost of lithium has doubled and nickel has tripled because of EV battery demands putting yet additional price increases on EVs. The EV pickup truck pricing may put them out of business before they get off to a start.

I watched TFL's coverage, when I saw Andre sitting in the driver's seat, I knew that he was terribly uncomfortable and the seat didn't come close to fitting him the back seat was even worse. I'm about the same size, 6' 4", and I fit comfortably in the two RAMs I now have. If RAM's EV offers the concept seating, I won't fit. That may be OK cause I doubt I will be able to afford one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio