New Rock Sliders installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
(To clarify, I saw your Facebook post with additional under-carriage shots) It’s clean, for sure, but with cost cutting comes sacrifices. With the extensions being welded directly to the frame with no additional reinforcement plates (like the competitors you mentioned have), that’s a ton (or more specifically, four tons) of downward stress being put onto those welds in the event of a hard downward impact. That’s a lot. And if they fail, they’re going to rip quite violently out of the frame. The clamp on style is much stronger, evening the stress of flexing across the entire height of the frame instead of just on one 2” square. I’m not saying these WILL fail because obviously they’re custom and not a lot of data to go off of. Just in my personal opinion I don’t think they look as strong as a frame-mounted clamp on style with reinforcement plates, and I’d want as much strength as possible.

OP
OP
Ram Wagon

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
(To clarify, I saw your Facebook post with additional under-carriage shots) It’s clean, for sure, but with cost cutting comes sacrifices. With the extensions being welded directly to the frame with no additional reinforcement plates (like the competitors you mentioned have), that’s a ton (or more specifically, four tons) of downward stress being put onto those welds in the event of a hard downward impact. That’s a lot. And if they fail, they’re going to rip quite violently out of the frame. The clamp on style is much stronger, evening the stress of flexing across the entire height of the frame instead of just on one 2” square. I’m not saying these WILL fail because obviously they’re custom and not a lot of data to go off of. Just in my personal opinion I don’t think they look as strong as a frame-mounted clamp on style with reinforcement plates, and I’d want as much strength as possible.

I see your point about the weight, the fab guy builds rock crawlers, rock buggies and about anything else that goes fast. I talked with him about those points and he felt that what he builds is just as good or stronger. PWIM will be a good test i think......if it doesn't survive i see a 2021 model in my future. (the savings on price comes mainly from not paying shipping costs) These are stout.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Nice!

Is the shop out here in CO? Would definitely be interested.
Yes his name is Loren at first choice fabrication. He can customize them however you want. For standard HD was 575 out the door. His number is 303-204-3091...super awesome guy. Give him a ring turn around is about 2 weeks

He is in Denver area.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Yes his name is Loren at first choice fabrication. He can customize them however you want. For standard HD was 575 out the door. His number is 303-204-3091...super awesome guy. Give him a ring turn around is about 2 weeks

He is in Denver area.

Saweet.

I'll definitely be reaching out.

Thanks!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Hopefully i won't have any issues, if i do then i guess i will have to make some changes to it.

View attachment 215507
It appears that they ride right up to the pinch weld on the body so if you do flex and the gap is less in one inch, the pinch weld will hold it from going any further. I like it. As it looks like it is higher then your skid plate so you don’t lose any ground clearance. And if you had the factory tube steps like I did, you gain clearance with you new setup.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

He is in Denver area.
Same guy that customized my bumper on my Jeep when I lived in CO.

AA84AADE-A026-48A0-AD83-750DD0FDAF2D.jpeg

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I see your point about the weight, the fab guy builds rock crawlers, rock buggies and about anything else that goes fast. I talked with him about those points and he felt that what he builds is just as good or stronger. PWIM will be a good test i think......if it doesn't survive i see a 2021 model in my future. (the savings on price comes mainly from not paying shipping costs) These are stout.
I’m glad you took my post as a discussion and not as an attack, not everyone reads me that way lol I’m actually very eager to see your sliders in person. Look me up at PWIM, I have a Wilco Tiregate, no one else seems to run them so I look fairly unique.

A4B39F2D-94BE-4A73-ADE3-73BDFBF010B5.jpeg
BEB4810D-BC96-457A-A84A-11DA11D99814.jpeg

OP
OP
Ram Wagon

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’m glad you took my post as a discussion and not as an attack, not everyone reads me that way lol I’m actually very eager to see your sliders in person. Look me up at PWIM, I have a Wilco Tiregate, no one else seems to run them so I look fairly unique.

View attachment 215793
View attachment 215792
LOL, it's all good. That's what great about this site and some of the others, a lot of smart people with some great ideas. I Will definitely look you up in pwim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk