New Safety Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Kate, thanks. Dont really know what you can do to rectify the situation. My only recourse since I am so dependent upon my truck for business is to buy an aftermarket valve body and install myself. Problem is I cannot afford it and I dont know if the PCM can be reflashed to eliminate the regen codes that according to the service manager at Ram says they are related. If I install my own valve body can you convince Ram to reflash it for me?

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well after contemplating my options I have come to the conclusion I must repair this truck myself. Dealer basically in so many words told me to stuff it. Cant help me with fixing it anytime in the foreseeable future. Even tried to trade in for a newer truck no help or discount at all. Warranty is useless. I need a dependable truck; that's why I bought new 2019.

So at this point what I would like as to some advice as to the following:
1) I need stock dependability not enhanced performance.
2) I can do all the work my self as I am an ASE certified mechanic (older Mercedes classics)
3) what I cannot do is the computer related issues.
4) I guess since the factory warranty is NFG I might as well do the EGR and DEF delete also while I am at it..
5) what brands I should buy and without spending a fortune is a this realistic goal?
6) so Valve body, delete items like exhaust system and EGR delete kit. Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well after contemplating my options I have come to the conclusion I must repair this truck myself. Dealer basically in so many words told me to stuff it. Cant help me with fixing it anytime in the foreseeable future. Even tried to trade in for a newer truck no help or discount at all. Warranty is useless. I need a dependable truck; that's why I bought new 2019.

2) I can do all the work my self as I am an ASE certified mechanic (older Mercedes classics)
4) I guess since the factory warranty is NFG I might as well do the EGR and DEF delete also while I am at it..
5) what brands I should buy and without spending a fortune is a this realistic goal?
6) so Valve body, delete items like exhaust system and EGR delete kit. Recommendations? Thanks in advance.

This is unacceptable to me, having to fix a new 2019 on your own dime. I don't know the whole story but why not lemon law the truck if they can't fix it?

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This is unacceptable to me, having to fix a new 2019 on your own dime. I don't know the whole story but why not lemon law the truck if they can't fix it?

Because they claim they will fix it but cant do it for 4-5 months. Dont know if that constitutes a lemon law claim.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because they claim they will fix it but cant do it for 4-5 months. Dont know if that constitutes a lemon law claim.
Reach out to your states consumer protection agency. Also email a couple lemon law attorneys.

I have a feeling it could make a good case for lemon law because it's safety related and some states would say 30 days of no fix is a lemon. 4-5 months is bs

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
@Ranchomerced Flexfleet and Enterprise both have commercial rental of 1/2, 3/4 & 1 ton pickups. Perhaps they have good rates and you could then try to have FCA reimburse for the expense.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Pretty sure Colorado lemon law is 4 consecutive times trying to fix it or more then 30 days out of service.

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Since it runs and only throw codes and engine lite on so far; I guess it needs to totally quit or burn to the ground from Trans dip stick tube leakage in order to claim 30 days.

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I found an OEM valve body NEW for $399. Next question I have is will I waste my money buying it and find out it has the flaw? Does anyone know what the flaw is? Service advisors dont have a clue what the problem is and wont reflash my PCM with customer supplied and installed parts. Anyone know what the flaw is?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

I certainly apologize for this experience, Ranchomerced. Do know, parts for this fix are slowly becoming available but I am unable to expedite that process. That said, we do suggest still having this recall performed at your dealership to ensure it is closed on our end. If you have any further questions, please send me a private message.

Kate
RamCares

Lilchuckpdx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab Night Edition
Engine
6.7L I6 Cummins
I was told by the Dealer the same 2 valve bodies a month per dealer. My VIN is on their list, I can get in December 2021. Not December 2020 which is still 8-1/2 months away. 2021. What a joke. I have a travel trailer that I want to tow and, after being a Ford guy all my life, specifically bought the 2500 CTD for that very purpose over the F250, now I sit here and wait fuming. FCA can pound sand.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by the Dealer the same 2 valve bodies a month per dealer. My VIN is on their list, I can get in December 2021. Not December 2020 which is still 8-1/2 months away. 2021. What a joke. I have a travel trailer that I want to tow and, after being a Ford guy all my life, specifically bought the 2500 CTD for that very purpose over the F250, now I sit here and wait fuming. FCA can pound sand.

What a joke!

RAM, FCA and everyone involved should be ashamed.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Just another reason to buy “older” 4th gen trucks vs the new 5th gens, in my opinion. The 68RFE had 0 issues on the 4th gen diesels, or none that would cause the entire vehicle to implode.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Found a remote dealer a 100 miles away that had the parts. Drove down there and waited. 1.5 hours later fixed and no issues shifts a bit harder but so far no problems.