New shorty headers on the market, I think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Well everyone I'm taking one for the team here. There are new direct bolt in shorty headers on the market from PowerGo Motorsports for 4th gen Rams and I ordered a set. Don't know much about these except for some Amazon customer reviews which actually seem to be pretty positive for the most part. They are extremely well priced at $219 for the set. Of course I bought better gaskets with the Remflex graphite gaskets ($35) and a Mr Gasket header bolt kit ($45) header wrap ($18 and white to match my truck lol). So even with the upgrades I'm still just a little over 3 bills. I will update everyone on the quality and installation once I am done hopefully this coming weekend but that all depends on how much the busted manifold studs fight me not to mention in between I have to do a fuel pump, shocks and struts on my uncle's Chevy. Can you say busy week? I'm getting to old for this crap! I'll update as I'm able.
Here is the link to the headers on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193066963098

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well everyone I'm taking one for the team here. There are new direct bolt in shorty headers on the market from PowerGo Motorsports for 4th gen Rams and I ordered a set. Don't know much about these except for some Amazon customer reviews which actually seem to be pretty positive for the most part. They are extremely well priced at $219 for the set. Of course I bought better gaskets with the Remflex graphite gaskets ($35) and a Mr Gasket header bolt kit ($45) header wrap ($18 and white to match my truck lol). So even with the upgrades I'm still just a little over 3 bills. I will update everyone on the quality and installation once I am done hopefully this coming weekend but that all depends on how much the busted manifold studs fight me not to mention in between I have to do a fuel pump, shocks and struts on my uncle's Chevy. Can you say busy week? I'm getting to old for this crap! I'll update as I'm able.
Here is the link to the headers on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193066963098

They do not fit a 5.7 2500 with 4wd.. ask me how I know.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Last edited:

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/bbk-header-quality.142532/page-7#post-2173954

Reach out to David and see how well his are doing. Not a bad investment if you have the mechanical knowledge IMO.

Make sure you slot the lower second hole from the firewall on the driver side flange or you wont be able to get the bolt in without removing a few threads.

It's been 10 months since the install everything is still good, they still look good no leaks , the install was straight forward no mods needed just a PITA.
David

89stang1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If my JBAs ever start leaking I'm pulling the trigger on these:

https://kooksheaders.com/headers/to...ries-headers-2009-2018-dodgeram-1500-57l-hemi

Expensive but they'll outlast the truck. If only I didn't live in the peoples republic of MA I could just do long tubes....

Your not gonna find them anywhere theres atleast a 6 week wait i looked everywhere i finally ordered AFE twisted metal shortys i figured thats next best shorty out there definitely not as good as kooks and worst part only a couple hundered cheaper than kooks. My leaks are too bad to wait 6 or more weeks or i would have.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Yeah at kook’s shorty price you might as well go with Doug Thorley’s longtubes and get the full power gains. Extremely happy with them all around.

Scratch that as DTH says out of stock, you might be able to find a set through a distributor however.

This site must be fantastic for header business lately with people at home researching ways to spend money!

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah at kook’s shorty price you might as well go with Doug Thorley’s longtubes and get the full power gains. Extremely happy with them all around.

Scratch that as DTH says out of stock, you might be able to find a set through a distributor however.

This site must be fantastic for header business lately with people at home researching ways to spend money!
The thing that sucks is us guys in California and other states with ridiculous smog laws can't run long tubes so we really don't have a choice between the two. It's either the stock manifold or a C.A.R.B approved short tube for us and it sucks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thing that sucks is us guys in California and other states with ridiculous smog laws can't run long tubes so we really don't have a choice between the two. It's either the stock manifold or a C.A.R.B approved short tube for us and it sucks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
^^^This 100%

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I feel for you guys, it was a free country before COVID though why didn’t you move!

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Good to know you still like them. I think they are fantastic. You still running no CATs? I still am.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Yep, had to disconnect the driver side down pipe flange and rotate the crossover pipe a bit to get the new pan on and off for the trans service when you’re due. They did a great job routing the drain but not quite enough clearance(~1/2”) for the trans suction in my case. That’s actually why the OEM pipe is pinched there.

Fully welded the midpipe connection as it slipped out one time following, gonna add some spray and my electric dump if my cam lasts through this summer as I’m approaching 100k miles.

Last edited:

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, had to disconnect the driver side down pipe flange and rotate the crossover pipe a bit to get the new pan on and off for the trans service when you’re due. They did a great job routing the drain but not quite enough clearance(~1/2”) for the trans suction in my case. That’s actually why the OEM pipe is pinched there.

Fully welded the midpipe connection as it slipped out one time following, gonna add some spray and my electric dump if my cam lasts through this summer as I’m approaching 100k miles.

What's the new pan and what mileage should you change tranny oil? I'm at 50k on OE. Looks like you running AMS in the tranny?

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Yeah Amsoil blue cap, service is recommended from ZF between 50-75k miles. Could probably get an easy 100k if you aren’t towing heavy much or launching often with your trans tune.

Had a significant amount of particulate on the magnets and the 6-7 quarts of fluid was still slightly transparent but dark olive.

15F0D3A0-D920-4035-BD9E-DDFB4213DB52.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye