New Software Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the forum theme? The orange backgrounds hide text.

View attachment 498335

At the very bottom of any page, on the left side, is a small paint brush icon with a description of the current scheme you are using.

Click on the paint brush and choose a different style.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Do you guys have list of words that get censored by the site? And is there a way we can petition to get certain words removed from the list? Seems like a lot of words are on the list because taken out of the context of a truck enthusiast forum, they could be offensive, but you would have to put them into a different context to make them offensive. At least IMO.

Maybe there is a way you can configure the software that two words must be used in succession for it to trigger the censorship? That way a single word can be assumed to be in context of a truck enthusiast site.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you guys have list of words that get censored by the site? And is there a way we can petition to get certain words removed from the list? Seems like a lot of words are on the list because taken out of the context of a truck enthusiast forum, they could be offensive, but you would have to put them into a different context to make them offensive. At least IMO.

Maybe there is a way you can configure the software that two words must be used in succession for it to trigger the censorship? That way a single word can be assumed to be in context of a truck enthusiast site.

Send those words to @G-Ride990. He is gathering a list for modifying the list of words currently in place.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
How do I get the "MILITARY" tag on my posts?
I served 22 yrs in submarines and enjoy the little recognition I get from that.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable uploading a picture in PMs like the old software? It was very helpful when trying to show someone where something was, how something was installed, etc.

It is on our list of software changes and enhancements.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Is there a way to enable uploading a picture in PMs like the old software? It was very helpful when trying to show someone where something was, how something was installed, etc.

It is on our list of software changes and enhancements.
Is this still in the works? Some how I got an APK app version of the forum through Chrome (not sure how), but I can't upload photos in PMs.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Is this still in the works? Some how I got an APK app version of the forum through Chrome (not sure how), but I can't upload photos in PMs.

Just saw this article that may explain it ?? ...

How to save a website as an app

"Question: Someone told me that you can turn an ordinary website into a Windows program. In other words, it should behave like an application and you should be able to create a shortcut on the taskbar. The browser menus should disappear and you should only see the site itself. Is it true? Can I do that? If so, how do I do it?

Answer: Yes, that’s correct ... for some sites. This is called a progressive web app (PWA), and just as you describe, the site will behave like a program on your computer."

Puckstopper55

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Rebel
Engine
Was there ever a solution to adding the basics of your truck to your post: either at the bottom or under your name?