New speed sensor same story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John judd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 v10
So a few months ago I was driving down the Interstate and hit a pretty big dip in the road at 80+ MPH. My ABS light came on and so did the Brake light and my speedometer dropped to 0 MPH for about 10-15 seconds and everything cleared up and I continued down the road. Everything was going fine for a few weeks and now my light for the abs will just come on for no reason or the break light will come on or both lights will come on and speedometer will stop working every now and again.
I replaced the rear speed sensor and harness of the sensor, the harness seems the be good threw out the frame rail. But no luck on getting the issue resolved.
A buddy of mine had suggested that the issue could be in the pumpkin and to check all of the fittings within the pumpkin. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be going on?
98 Ram 2500
V10
8800 GVW
33 INCH MT'S

JEFFNICHOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey John, wondering if you solved? My 2000 2500 Cummins has brake and abs lights on constant and no speedometer. Changed rear sensor, not fixed. Wiring looks fine. What next?
Thanks
Jeff

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I had this happen on a 2011 Tacoma changed out rear speed sensors and speed sensor on transmission. Ended up finding broke wires. Even tho the wire were insulated some how they got broke into. Unless something inside transmission is fouled up where the speed sensor goes not sure what else this could be.