New supercharger on the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just stumbled into this today.I know nothing about the quality of their blower kits,but Ed Hamburger does have a hell'va Mopar rep from back in the day.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Based on a couple of YouTube videos, Hamburger is talking 425 hp vs 265 - 285 stock v6 on the jeep, and around 330 at the rear wheels.

Doesn't seem to outrageous. Wonder if it will do the same on the v6 1500 without etorque?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Very interesting. I wonder about the torque profile though, like whipple comes on hard and fast but fades in the top, whereas procharger takes longer to spool but is better for track use where you keep it in the upper RPMs. I'd like to have more bottom end, not for racing, just for towing and a much nicer daily driver.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Why do they cater more to a 3.6 liter jeep than a 4.7 ram.
Why don't they make a supercharger for a 4.7 is where I'm at???

Market share. Jeeps are very popular among the modify it crowd and they are often stuck with the 3.6. The number of people who bought a 4.7 and are concerned with performance mods isn't zero, but it's likely not enough to support much of an aftermarket development.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most people that want power would just buy the hemi to begin with. Why buy a lesser powered motor in the same vehicle if performance is what you're after? Money wise I don't think a hemi powered ram is that much more then a 4.7 equipped ram. So why buy the 4.7 and have to spend way more then the up front cost of just getting the hemi to even come close to the power the 5.7 would have

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Why do they cater more to a 3.6 liter jeep than a 4.7 ram.
Why don't they make a supercharger for a 4.7 is where I'm at???
Might have something to do with the fact they discontinued the 4.7 ten years ago,while the 3.6 is still in production and can be had in Jeeps / Challengers / Chargers and 1500's. Nick at AirRam used to have a kit to adapt the older Mustang blower to the 4.7 ,i'd check with him and see if he still offers it,if you want to boost your 4.7.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Saying a 4.7 owner doesn't want more from it is like saying a civic will never beat a V8 in a race in the 90's. I'm sure there's alot of 4.7 owners that would supercharge if there was an option.
Any decent turbo shop could put a turbo on it for you,but it won't be cheap.The 4.7 responds pretty decent to nitrous,it'd be your cheapest power adder

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Saying a 4.7 owner doesn't want more from it is like saying a civic will never beat a V8 in a race in the 90's. I'm sure there's alot of 4.7 owners that would supercharge if there was an option.

It's actually nothing like that, but ok. To repeat myself but with some emphasis: The number of people who bought a 4.7 and are concerned with performance mods isn't zero, but it's likely not enough to support much of an aftermarket development.

R&D costs have to be made back. The number of people who are interested is exceptionally low compared to Jeep bros wanting more oomp. Ram bros with raging stiffies for power bought the hemi to start with. So, each kit would be stupid expensive, comparatively, and even fewer would sell.

You are, unfortunately, very isolated. On the mainland where there's a ton of speed shops, relative ease of sourcing a 5.7 base motor, etc. not many people are as interested as you are on mail order 4.7 forced induction system. Build them and they'd sell tens of them vs thousands of Jeeps.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Yup, I'm isolated in my thinking. I understand not enough interest in making something for a small market, can't please everyone myself included. But that's the problem with everything. It's all about the damn dollar. Hell charge a little more for a supercharger for a 4.7. I might be stupid enough to buy one. I already bought the truck.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yup, I'm isolated in my thinking. I understand not enough interest in making something for a small market, can't please everyone myself included. But that's the problem with everything. It's all about the damn dollar. Hell charge a little more for a supercharger for a 4.7. I might be stupid enough to buy one. I already bought the truck.
Instead of whining on here,get ahold of Nick and see if he can set you up with the kit to put the early Eaton blower on your 4.7.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good idea! I'll go ask him. Thanks.
He's about the only one who ever had much in the way of performance parts for the 4.7. There isn't much in the way of off the shelf headers that'll fit your 2011 4.7,when they re-designed the 4.7 in 08 it got dual plug heads /HO cams and they moved the port spacing on the exhaust ports,so none of the earlier 4.7 headers fit the later 4.7.You might want to research what it'd take to put a 5.7 in it,it might be your best and cheapest option in the long run if you want more power.A 5.7 bolts up to your transmission,and if i remember right even bolts onto your frame mounts,but you'll need to tune your pcm for the 5.7 parameters.The only issues might be the MDS and VVT as they never offered a 4.7 with either of those options,but there's ways around both with a good tuner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam