New switch mount.... PRETTY COOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20190722_180420.jpg 20190722_180354.jpg I found this great little spot on the side of the console. Very easy to route wires to and if you ever change your mind, cheap to replace. Switches are easy to reach but out of the way enough not to bump. There is probably room for about 4 switches. Wires can go through a cover in the firewall by the steering shaft.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m ordering a ‘19 PW with the upfitter VISM option. Nobody has been able to tell me if it comes with a switch pod from the factory. Based on your comment, can I assume that it does come with switches? That’s a good thing but, IMHO, it seems like it would be a no-brainer to incorporate all the switching for the VISM into the electronics of the 12” uconnect display.

Sorry. Meant VSIM, not VISM.
The upfitter module does not, nor has it ever, come with switches. It is an underhood module that allows easy hookups for upfitters, like dump bodies, etc. it’s largely useless for the Joe Average.

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The side of the console (for those who have one) is a good spot for ease of wiring and ease of de-installation. The nice thing is that it keeps the dash clear. But it's not as accessible without taking eyes off the road or working by feel, so for frequent, safe on-road use the dash mounted switch pods are nice.

That AEV switch pod could be worth the time and money to install. The "switchpros" dash top mount that started this thread is too obviously a '3D printed' shell for my liking, with the typical ridges from a low-resolution 3D printer.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used the switch-pros panels for a while and every vehicle of mine has one. They really are worth it. As for mounting all my RAMS I 3d printed a mount for them and it turned out way better then that lol

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a site that has same amount of switch's and its blue tooth no wires to run into truck cab everything is mounted in the engine bay nearest the battery. I think it runs like 230..
Interesting link?

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extreme terrain.com and Quadratec.com trigger2001 solid Bluetooth switching
Not a bad system! I still like mmt switch pros though. Although that is #1 in my book to depending on the needs

EDIT: Reviews really aren't great on it, so mirr worth it imo

Last edited:

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow. Pretty crappie reviews. Several reviewers mentioned that they should have gotten name brand product but they didn’t say what products those are. For those of us just getting into this it’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Personally I like Switch Pros but that's me

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow. Pretty crappie reviews. Several reviewers mentioned that they should have gotten name brand product but they didn’t say what products those are. For those of us just getting into this it’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Never read anything about just looked at it looked cool because you don't have to run a lot of wires back into the truck cab which becomes a big pain in the ass. I agree bad write ups but also their are a lot of different company's making this type of product. Maybe you can goggle and read up on some of them. I for one if needed to run a bunch of switches would jump on a product like this type but also do the homework on it.:banana-mario:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a bad system! I still like mmt switch pros though. Although that is #1 in my book to depending on the needs

EDIT: Reviews really aren't great on it, so mirr worth it imo
you can maybe goggle this type of product and do your homework to find a great one . I really did not read anything on it just passed it on

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can maybe goggle this type of product and do your homework to find a great one . I really did not read anything on it just passed it on
I like my switch pros. Only have to ruin a little harness of wires into the cab. Worth it in my opinion

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never read anything about just looked at it looked cool because you don't have to run a lot of wires back into the truck cab which becomes a big pain in the ass. I agree bad write ups but also their are a lot of different company's making this type of product. Maybe you can goggle and read up on some of them. I for one if needed to run a bunch of switches would jump on a product like this type but also do the homework on it.:banana-mario:

You only need power/ground/trigger and one wire per switch, you consider that "a bunch of wires" ?

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You only need power/ground/trigger and one wire per switch, you consider that "a bunch of wires" ?
Mine is only 4 wires. Some people hate running wires into the cab. I personally would like to add a another grommet with a bulkhead connector just for aftermarket stuff

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LINE and LOAD to the switch and if a relay is used its some smaller amount of wires .which you should all the time use a relay for the load. Not here to start a ******* match just telling what I found .

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LINE and LOAD to the switch and if a relay is used its some smaller amount of wires .which you should all the time use a relay for the load. Not here to start a ******* match just telling what I found .

Depends on the load, lighting and large amp draws should use a relay otherwise you are just adding another point of failure.