New tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've put about 65,000 miles on my BFGoodrich KO2s and I'm now needing to start looking for new tires. I've gotten a lot of use out of my KO2s and I couldn't be happier with them, except for one aspect and that is with wet traction. They haven't exactly been that great on wet roads so I'm hoping to find something a little bit better. I'm torn between the Falken Wildpeaks and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've heard great things about both tires but I was hoping for better insight on which set would be best. How do they ride? How many miles are you getting out of them? Are they good on wet roads? Etc. I understand that the Nittos don't come with a tread life warranty, which is fine because those warranties are useless anyway from what I've read.

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The ridge grapplers at aggressive tire = a noisy tire. I have a set of the grapplers.

OP
OP
texasfan88

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ridge grapplers at aggressive tire = a noisy tire. I have a set of the grapplers.
About how noisy? The other thing I like about the KO2s is that despite being an all terrain tire, they ride like highway tires. Now I understand that the Ridge Grapplers are hybrid tires and so they're in between an all terrain and a mud terrain but I'm hoping for something that's still good on the highway.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have run both KO2 and AT3w's and believe it or not Toyo at3's (I am a tire ***** and I doubt anyone has run more different tires lol) all 3 are really close all the way around. I have also run cooper st maxx's and they are simiar too. My current favorite tire is the Toyo RT.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went with the general grabbers this time. Seem to be just as good as the wild peak so far.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Ridge Grapplers are very very quiet. My only complaint is the wet traction. They break traction easily on wet roads at take off. They make me not drive as aggressive around corners as I normally would. They came on my truck and doubt I’ll buy again. Just put my winter wheel/tire package on.
If I were you I would do the Faulken you chose or the General.