New tires create problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJColeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everybody new member here. Had something really strange happen. Got new tires a few weeks ago, notice that the steering was wandering a little and pulling to the left. Was pulling our travel trailer down the hwy when I got a message "Service trailer brakes" then the ECS light came on then we noticed the cruise was disabled. Got a BlueDriver scanner(which is amazing) It said Steering wheel position sensor-Signal bias out of range also Invalid data from Anti lock brake system, and ECU reset. Everything reset the next day on its own, but still have steer issue. Could this be from installing new tires? I don't see how it could.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome to the forum. It's helpful if you give us some details about your truck (model, trim level, options, etc). Some of us just list those in our sig so it shows up at the bottom of every post. For this thread it would also be helpful to know details about the tires you had installed, such as brand, type, and size. I can't see new tires causing any of the issues you're posting about, unless you went with some weird type, size, or stagger.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ DITTO ^^^

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Welcome to the forum. It's helpful if you give us some details about your truck (model, trim level, options, etc). Some of us just list those in our sig so it shows up at the bottom of every post. For this thread it would also be helpful to know details about the tires you had installed, such as brand, type, and size. I can't see new tires causing any of the issues you're posting about, unless you went with some weird type, size, or stagger.

A truck, came standard with a motor and tires, duh!! How many more details could you possibly want?

teehee-gif-1.gif

OP
OP
C

CJColeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didnt think about that - 2017 Ram 1500 Crew cab short bed Big Horn,consol option, tow package, 5.7 Hemi, 2wd. Tires-Cooper Discover HT Plus 275/60R20. Went from the stock Goodyear Wranglers to these. First thing I did was check the air pressure, all the same. No doubt it pulls to the left, haven't hit anything.The tires are not oversize or wide etc.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It probably wouldn't hurt to have your alignment checked. Those new tires could make an alignment issue more obvious. But not the other issues you mentioned unless there is a defect in one of the tires.