New Tires Today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put BFG AT TA KO2 on mine last November - I really am happy with them. Living in western NY they did great in the snow and ride just fine for me.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks! 265/70 R20, which was the stock size as far as I know.

275/60/20 is stock as far as i know.
Im gonna run this size also as i dont wanna go to the 305 although i do love the look.
Prolly add them to a set of fuel contras!

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thought about going up a size, but didn't want any fitment/rubbing issues. Happy with this size.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Going away from OEM size/ply instantly increases the price on Nittos(and most others) $100+ per tire. Paid $200/tire for my G2s, any other size was 320-330 cheapest.

Gotta pay to be a concrete cowboy now.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Going away from OEM size/ply instantly increases the price on Nittos(and most others) $100+ per tire. Paid $200/tire for my G2s, any other size was 320-330 cheapest.

ain't that the truth, brother.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That, and the added wear and tear on the truck... I'll pass.

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I look up the Nittos, I find the Ridge Grapplers and the Terra Grappler G2. The G2s appear to be a bit less expensive than the Ridge Grapplers. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between the two? Specifically, ride quality and sound (or lack thereof) on the highway?? Thanks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
I had ridge grappers before and had nothing but love for them. Super quiet on the road! definitely a good buy!

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I look up the Nittos, I find the Ridge Grapplers and the Terra Grappler G2. The G2s appear to be a bit less expensive than the Ridge Grapplers. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between the two? Specifically, ride quality and sound (or lack thereof) on the highway?? Thanks.

I'm nearly certain that it's mainly ride comfort and noise. They are cheaper, but that tread pattern will be much louder on the Terra Grappler. The Ridge Grappler seems to be their "sweet spot" tire for good ride/low noise with off-road looks, etc.

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm nearly certain that it's mainly ride comfort and noise. They are cheaper, but that tread pattern will be much louder on the Terra Grappler. The Ridge Grappler seems to be their "sweet spot" tire for good ride/low noise with off-road looks, etc.

Thanks. I'm looking for the best combo of good winter traction with very good highway manners. Not as concerned about the "look".

erictomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd go Ridge Grappler, then.

OK, thanks. But how about outside the Nitto family. I know this thread started as a Nitto specific thread, but.....of all available choices, I'm interested in what folks think are the tire that provides the best combo of good winter traction with very good highway manners - regardless of "look" or brand.

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
I have the Goodyear wangler was planning on buying the ko2.
After reading this post think I will go with the ridge grapplers.
Thanks for all the informant

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, thanks. But how about outside the Nitto family. I know this thread started as a Nitto specific thread, but.....of all available choices, I'm interested in what folks think are the tire that provides the best combo of good winter traction with very good highway manners - regardless of "look" or brand.

I've had these and the BFG K02 sets... Both amazing tires. The Michelin Defender is also amazing, but more tuned for the highway. I run those on my wife's Explorer, and they're so much better than the Goodyears that came from the factory. Those were trash.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
The ridge grappler is a hybrid mud tire and will certainly make more noise once you get into the second higher durometer compound.

Nitto’s current popular light-medium duty truck lineup:
NT420S summer/wet performance
Terra Grappler G2 All terrain performance
Ridge Grappler M/T-A/T hybrid
Trail Grappler Mud/Dirt
Mud Grappler Mud Swampers

Last edited:

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ridge Grapplers are one of the best all around tires I’ve ran. I had the Terras on previous trucks, and they were okay (switched to GY Duratracs as they look 1000x better and handled better offroad). Just can’t stand the look of most AT tires on a truck. Looks terrible imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Goodyear wangler was planning on buying the ko2.
After reading this post think I will go with the ridge grapplers.
Thanks for all the informant

No problem. Like you, I was planning on getting the K02s, but after looking at reviews and comparing the two tread patterns, liked the Nitto better. Very pleased with them so far.