New to forum but not so new to Dodges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t bell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500 4wd
Engine
4.7 auto
Just joined the forum. I bought a 2006 Dodge 3500 5.9 diesel. Love this truck only thing I wish I had differently about it is if it were 4x4. I rebuilt the bottom end, put it back together and put maybe 10k miles on it and then threw a round. I eventually want to put a 6.7 in it. I bought a 2002 1500 4.7 4x4 with leather seats for my son for $500 because the PO said it had a knock. I figured the seats alone are worth $500, I could put them in my truck (it was running at the time). I paid for it sight unseen and had my brother drive it to his house. When I finally was able to get in town to look at it, I realized the knock was really a tick. So I decided to give it to my 16 year old son as a first car. He liked it but with him working on small engines, rebuilding carbs and what not, he felt more comfortable with an older vehicle that didn't have all those new fangled electronics and wires. He bought him a '81 Dodge D150 2wd with a 318 and I think a 727. So now I have a 4x4 (with a miss and smoking badly). I'm really excited to swap this 4.7 out for a 5.7. I have been researching alot on here and will be searching pullapart for a 05 5.7 out of a 4x4 Ram with harnesses, PCM, and ac lines, swap the heads from a 5.9 (while in the junkyard) and comeback and put it in. I may cam it too. I have also been looking into HPTuners as well. I may get it and try and diagnose the 4.7 alittle before the swap. Just found out today that I have to buy a separate license/credit when I swap the 5.7 into it. I think that's a bit much since it's the same vehicle but I get it. Whew, that was alot. Glad to be here and look forward to learning more.