New to Forum Old to Mopar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoohah52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 2500HD 4x4 RCLB
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello. Stumbled across the forum by accident about a year ago, finally decided to join. Nice looking site. Well laid out, clean and logical. Anyway, the old to Mopar part began when the dad acquired a '66 Plymouth Fury in 1968 to replace our aging '58 Pontiac Chieftain family car. From that point on, Mopar was it with various Chryslers, Dodges and Plymouths parked in our garage. When my older brother and I began driving, we continued the tradition with our own Mopars. Easy to maintain and repair, always reliable with bulletproof drivetrains whether it was our daily drivers or high performance.

My first Ram was a '87 W150 4x4 RCLB I purchased in '89 for my DD. I owned that for 18 years. Great truck! Also owned a '88 Ramcharger 4x4 and a '00 Durango 4x4 along the way. My current rig is a '07 2500HD SLT 4X4 RCLB. When it came time to replace the '87, I wanted a bit more beef so when the 3G Hemi was introduced, it was a no brainer to grab one up. Because reg cab HD's are as rare as blinker fluid, I had to place an order for one. Very pleased with it. Again, easy to maintain and the Hemi provides plenty of grunt. Torquewise, the 5.7 Hemi is on par with Chrysler's peerless 340 V8.

As far as modifications on my '07, nothing too fancy. Complete Magnaflow stainless exhaust - low restriction Y-pipe into high flow cats and muffler with duals out the rear. Mopar mudflaps, bedliner and HD roll up tonneau cover. The Ram rolls on 285's which replaced the stock 265's it came with.

Attachments

• my ram kilp1A.jpg
    my ram kilp1A.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 4

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Hello. Stumbled across the forum by accident about a year ago, finally decided to join. Nice looking site. Well laid out, clean and logical. Anyway, the old to Mopar part began when the dad acquired a '66 Plymouth Fury in 1968 to replace our aging '58 Pontiac Chieftain family car. From that point on, Mopar was it with various Chryslers, Dodges and Plymouths parked in our garage. When my older brother and I began driving, we continued the tradition with our own Mopars. Easy to maintain and repair, always reliable with bulletproof drivetrains whether it was our daily drivers or high performance.

My first Ram was a '87 W150 4x4 RCLB I purchased in '89 for my DD. I owned that for 18 years. Great truck! Also owned a '88 Ramcharger 4x4 and a '00 Durango 4x4 along the way. My current rig is a '07 2500HD SLT 4X4 RCLB. When it came time to replace the '87, I wanted a bit more beef so when the 3G Hemi was introduced, it was a no brainer to grab one up. Because reg cab HD's are as rare as blinker fluid, I had to place an order for one. Very pleased with it. Again, easy to maintain and the Hemi provides plenty of grunt. Torquewise, the 5.7 Hemi is on par with Chrysler's peerless 340 V8.

As far as modifications on my '07, nothing too fancy. Complete Magnaflow stainless exhaust - low restriction Y-pipe into high flow cats and muffler with duals out the rear. Mopar mudflaps, bedliner and HD roll up tonneau cover. The Ram rolls on 285's which replaced the stock 265's it came with.

Nice Ram! Welcome to the forum! I'd love to see pics of the Fury and the Chieftain if you still have any?

OP
OP
hoohah52

hoohah52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 2500HD 4x4 RCLB
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi Shaggy. I'll see what I can dig up. The Pontiac was a beautiful car, two tone white and Teal. The Fury was dark metallic blue. Both four doors.