New to Forum, return to RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjectWolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
My first vehicle ever was a 97 Dodge Ram 1500. That was a loyal truck, even took it on a 3000 mile road trip from CT to Key West and back. I took a break from trucks for a while, but doing so I started working on my own vehicles, and eventually a few years ago, got my first truck in a long time. A '13 F150 XLT. So poking around Ford forums, I noticed pretty much everyone was trying to mimic the Raptor, and most mods seemed designed to replicate that. The F-150 is extremely build friendly, and its cheaper to buy than a RAM. But the 4x4 system didn't like the first snow this year, and the Ford showed its fordness by having the electrical system start having bugs.

So last weekend I went out and same day bought a '14 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab with the ram boxes, tonnau cover, and just about every damn option I could imagine putting in a truck. I have never owned a truck this luxury focused. This is honestly the first vehicle I have ever owned that I don't know what I would want to change/upgrade. And honestly, this forum has been very unhelpful. I am actually honestly shocked how many member builds that I have seen that basically are just integrating stock equipment or options from the factory instead of going aftermarket. This is so unhelpful because I already have most of them.

My only gripe currently is that the Uconnect Registration seems to not be able to connect. I tried leaving my truck running at home and letting it load, to no avail. The app says "no name". Anyone with a tip on this, feel free to comment.

Anyway, just an introduction, and possibly build thread if I find anything besides running boards.

20181117_173146.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't find the site helpful.

There are a lot of suspension, engine, performance and other mod sections here so I'm sure with more time and reading here you'll find more information to your liking.

Welcome to RamForum.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Welcome!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Welcome from Arizona.:welcome:

Stick with the FORUM for a while and give it a try. The knowledge I've gleaned from the wonderful members here is unbelievable as are they.

OP
OP
P

ProjectWolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
lol hope no one took the original post negatively. Its actually I think a compliment to the truck that guys aren't trying to take the shell and make something new. I am just used to vehicles that are bought to be almost immediately functionally changed and redesigned.

I am hard pressed to find things I want to modify/change. A level is on the list, and I am not a fan of the wood trim in the truck, that will get replaced. Beyond that, it's tough.