New to me 06...setting up for 5er

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Just picked up an 06 3500 megacab yesterday. I left my old rails in my Duramax so need to get this one set up. I would like to do under bed rails now. I have an older Reese 16k slider. It's not been completely obvious what I need to get it altogether. Looks like I need this for below the bed
https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel/Dodge/Ram+Pickup/2006/RP30074.html?vehicleID=2006642585

What do I need for my slider base to mate up with those rails? I've never seen one in person so I'm kinda flying blind right now until I get it figured out.

The other question is I want to put a plug in the bed for the 5er. On the duramax there was an extra harness ******* behind the cab for that purpose. Dodge have anything like that? I have the brake controller figured out as I found the blue plug under dash so after I get hitch and plug done I'll be ready to haul.
I'm gonna miss that part of my old truck...I had it set up pretty good for hauling. Just take me some time to get this one squared away.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm surprised that beast doesn't have the 7pin plugin in the bed or at least a harness for one.....my 04 2500 has it.

OP
OP

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The best I can tell I'll have to T off the one in the bumper. Not a huge deal but I thought maybe they had that extra harness. I'll just make my own and add another plug in the bed.
I've also decided to just do in bed rails. To get it all to work below bed was $700ish. I just don't want the rails under the bed that bad. Plus it would just add another heavy piece to the already back breaking hitch I have to take out of the bed.
Next up after getting the rails in is a trip to zeibart to get it undercoated then stereo time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963