New to me, 2015 RAM 1500 Short Box Regular cab 4X4. Pitfalls and Joys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well, one's 2wd, the other 4x4. Both seriously great-looking trucks!
Nope both are 4X4.Mine just has most of the front pieces unbolted,but the transfer case is still in place.Takes about 2 hours to put the front diff back in place.Pulling the front diff/axles and driveshaft was good for 2/10's at the dragstrip.Saves roughly 120 lbs of weight off the front end,with 40lbs of that being rotating axle weight. I'm not a fan of the Sport grill,not only do i not like the look of them,it also restricts airflow to the rad.Truck with it's original grill,and after with the honeycomb grill

Attachments

• Swift Current Drags 015.JPG
    Swift Current Drags 015.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0529.JPG
    DSCN0529.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope both are 4X4.Mine just has most of the front pieces unbolted,but the transfer case is still in place.Takes about 2 hours to put the front diff back in place

Ok ...something threw me off. LOL. It seems lower in the front. Did you take it down a little? Or maybe just the angle of the picture.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok ...something threw me off. LOL. It seems lower in the front. Did you take it down a little? Or maybe just the angle of the picture.
2/4 drop using 2" drop spindles and cut down factory R/T springs on the rear.295/45/20's on the front and 305/50/20's on the rear give it a deceptive look.I'm old school and like a bit of a wheel gap and shiny things,lol

Attachments

• DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    DSCN4944 (2).JPG
    86 KB · Views: 18

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wild one, did you replace the whole grille, or just the grille inserts with the honey comb ones ?

Elvira

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase of your Ram. I'm sure you will enjoy and have lots of fun in it. Mine is really low mileage too, so i can't help with problems...it has been flawless the whole time. There have been a few re-calls, nothing serious, be sure to keep up on them getting fixed. The stock Goodyear SRA's tires are not great, especially in the rain. Enjoy your new ride and be sure to have it rust checked, a good investment.

You could check the rear third brake light for a good seal, they have been known to leak.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Congrats on the purchase of your Ram. I'm sure you will enjoy and have lots of fun in it. Mine is really low mileage too, so i can't help with problems...it has been flawless the whole time. There have been a few re-calls, nothing serious, be sure to keep up on them getting fixed. The stock Goodyear SRA's tires are not great, especially in the rain. Enjoy your new ride and be sure to have it rust checked, a good investment.

You could check the rear third brake light for a good seal, they have been known to leak.
I'd reseach any recall extensively before i'd let them do it.Some recalls aren't all that user friendly.Nobody does a recall on any of my vehicles until i know exactly what it does and what it's supposed benefits are.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks like it still has the stock Goodyear tires. Not only have they aged out, but even when new, they suk in the rain. They slide like your on ice.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I get great milage with mine, same color , sport, but mine is club cab with almost 80km on it now. never had a problem, one or 2 times the remote key fob / computotr would lock me out of the truck, one time I was up town and did not have the manual key with me , and had to get wife out of bed to bring my keys, Love the truck and last 3 I have had. I used winter tires and wheel in winter and just upgraded those crap GY tires this spring, they are fine for summer, terrible after 2 nd winter.

Attachments

• 2014 ram.jpg
    2014 ram.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kejar7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck originated from Ontario. Still have not got around to filling the 4front plate screw holes. I have had the touch up paint on back order from Chrysler for a few months now, but likely a few more months until it comes in.
I love the grill swap, what year does the grill come from?
Cheers,
Rick

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to try to spend the OP's money, but since she's been driven in the winter a few yrs, you (OP) might consider getting it undercoated asap. They start to rust about now (all over). Wheel wells, rockers, cab corners, gas tank frame support, tailgate. And don't forget about the area behind the fender badge too :banghead:. I see my neighbors has developed a big scab in the same location since last year. (southern boys disregard this post, lol)

1695752794520.jpeg