New to me 5.9 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Recently acquired a 2007 ram with a 5.9 Cummins with just 40,000 miles but she’s had a hard life. Been a farm truck since new and it shows. Beds rotted rockers and cab corners are going, frames salvageable if I act fast, no heavy rust or rott in the frame just surface scale. Truck was only used to plow and pull a rake to groom a horse track its whole life. I need advice on after market or upgrades to for the 5.9 Cummins and reputable sellers. I’m going to have the body all redone after I know she’s reliable and ready to work. A short lists of needed repairs : oil pan rotted/ seeping, heater core tubes rotted, ( if I pull the manifold and turbo for the lines should I just replace the mani and turbo with something better?) steering box, transmission lines (trans appears to have been rebuilt by just seeing the red paint on the pan) would you guys recommend por15 or fluidfilm for the frame? I have a decent budget for the revival of this truck. I’ll be doing the mechanical repairs myself. I’m just looking for a reliable race trailer hauler In the summer and a plow truck for the winter