New (to me) Rig - What to Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Picked up a 2016 2500 with the 6.7 cummins a couple months ago. Had 71000 on it at time of purchase. Coming up on 75000 now. Planning on having a bunch of service work done to it. Wondering if I missed anything (or included anything unnecessarily)?

1) Engine Oil Change (duh)
2) Engine Air Filter Replacement
3) CCV Filter Replacement
4) Fuel Filter Replacement (both)
5) Transmission Fluid and Filter change/replacement
6) Transfer case fluid change
7) Front and read differential fluid change

Questionable (input appreciated)

8) Flush and fill engine coolant (had turbo actuator replaced shortly after purchase which I think requires draining of the coolant anyway so not sure if this is necessary now)
9) Brake fluid flush and fill (necessary at this mileage?)
10) Power steering flush and fill (necessary at this mileage?)

Anything I need to/should do that I missed? Anything I included that's unnecessary at this point? Thanks for the input!!

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
really all that stuff on the list is fairly easy to do yourself and save a ton of money. and youll know its done right

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Look for all your the filters on dieselfiltersonline.com. Watch some u-tube videos and you can do it yourself. I know the local RAM dealer wants $500 for the diff, xfer case, and tranny fluids to be swapped

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Picked up a 2016 2500 with the 6.7 cummins a couple months ago. Had 71000 on it at time of purchase. Coming up on 75000 now. Planning on having a bunch of service work done to it. Wondering if I missed anything (or included anything unnecessarily)?

1) Engine Oil Change (duh)
2) Engine Air Filter Replacement
3) CCV Filter Replacement
4) Fuel Filter Replacement (both)
5) Transmission Fluid and Filter change/replacement
6) Transfer case fluid change
7) Front and read differential fluid change

Questionable (input appreciated)

8) Flush and fill engine coolant (had turbo actuator replaced shortly after purchase which I think requires draining of the coolant anyway so not sure if this is necessary now)
9) Brake fluid flush and fill (necessary at this mileage?)
10) Power steering flush and fill (necessary at this mileage?)

Anything I need to/should do that I missed? Anything I included that's unnecessary at this point? Thanks for the input!!

I personally would do those top 7 within the first few months. down the road in a year or two I would do the other three.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Check the manual.... some things have longer service intervals than you might think. The tranny on my Hemi is 120K for example. I think coolant is 150K.

Hydraplane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if a '16 has it, but don't forget to grease the front driveshaft double Cardan joint!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf