New to RAM - 2023 ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtyx1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone - I will be a first time RAM owner sometime in early 2023. I have been a Tundra guy since 2008. I had a 2007 Tundra and still driving a 2014 Tundra until the RAM arrives. They have been amazingly reliable as across the two trucks I have gone over 300k miles and never seen a shop other than general maintenance (fluids, brakes, tires, etc.) - pretty amazing. I had been holding out for the new Tundra 2022 redesign and am not impressed with form, function, or initial quality for a multitude of reasons and decided to checkout the RAM dealership as there is no way I am going Ford, Nissan, or GM. I drove a 2022 limited that they had in the showroom. I dont think I could have been more impressed with the ride. The tech seems pretty top notch as well. My plan initially was to drive both a RAM and the new Tundra (if I could find one to drive), but the test drive of the RAM told me there is no reason to even bother with the new Toyota test drive. I ended up ordering a 2023 limited.

I have been reading through the forums to get insight on likes, dislikes, problems etc. But as a "will be" new owner, I was hoping to get some deeper insight from the community here on what I might expect. The good, the bad, and the ugly. If anything comes to mind, I would appreciate the insight.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
It's best to not worry about "the good , the bad and the ugly" lol ... just like all other truck makers, Ram has it's issues, but if you stay on top of maintenance just like your Tundras, these Rams will last you a long time man ...

A lot of new owners I see on youtube complaining about the new radio and how sometimes they loose the use of it and other electrical issues, but as long as you have the warranty they should take care of it all unless you caused it ..

I have a 2018 and I love my truck, I don't like the 5th Gens at all but others love them ... wait for your truck, enjoy it and take care of it and you should be fine. Don't go and start worrying yourself about what might go wrong .....

griff123

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered my Ram 1500 Limited yesterday also. Almost got the tundra but the Ram I thought beat it out in every aspect.

Have you heard how long it will take to get the VON or Vin?

OP
OP
D

Dirtyx1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered my Ram 1500 Limited yesterday also. Almost got the tundra but the Ram I thought beat it out in every aspect.

Have you heard how long it will take to get the VON or Vin?
I have not been given a VON, but I did get assigned a VIN this morning. I would assume if I have a VIN then there should be a VON. Guessing I would just have the ask the dealership for it. The guess is I will have the truck sometime between March and June. Could be earlier, could be later lol. Todays supply chain issues are crazy.

OP
OP
D

Dirtyx1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's best to not worry about "the good , the bad and the ugly" lol ... just like all other truck makers, Ram has it's issues, but if you stay on top of maintenance just like your Tundras, these Rams will last you a long time man ...

A lot of new owners I see on youtube complaining about the new radio and how sometimes they loose the use of it and other electrical issues, but as long as you have the warranty they should take care of it all unless you caused it ..

I have a 2018 and I love my truck, I don't like the 5th Gens at all but others love them ... wait for your truck, enjoy it and take care of it and you should be fine. Don't go and start worrying yourself about what might go wrong .....
Thanks for the reply. I am not worrying myself, just more of wondering peoples thoughts as in "hey this is awesome" or "hey watch out for this potential issue". Just trying to get ahead of ownership is all :). On a side note what did you not like about the 5th gen? Not having any experience with RAM overall I am not sure really how the different gen's compare.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
These trucks are worth the wait. Hopefully it's not too long for it to arrive. I love my truck.

Red

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 8k mikes on my ‘22 limited now, 110% satisfied with everything about it. You won’t regret going RAM.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing I would offer on the tech is if you run into something you think is an issue... read up in the manual and give it some time. I found some things I thought were issues when I was figuring it out. Some were, others were user errors. These things update automatically and all of my issues went away after a couple of updates.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
All great points in this thread, especially not paying attention to all the ugly **** on YouTube and even here. Stuff happens, and some folks have had the short end of the stick. So far for me has been a blank 12” screen that auto-corrects after an hour or so of just sitting. It sucked, but their tech guys will figure it out.

My first HD truck has been my 22, 2500 with the CTD. Took the dogs and lady on a 4K mile trek to Banff, CAN, and back. Never skipped a beat - that darn thing just knows what to do, pulls like a semi and I had plenty of power to get into, and more importantly out of trouble.

It was a special trip since I nearly passed in a motorcycle crash the year before and I love to camp. I think I’m going to love the RV lifestyle too. Setting up camp is much easier, even with my handicap. Enjoy your new rig, welcome to the RAM family and I hope it gives you the same joy mine does driving it. I have 10.5K miles Already and I took delivery in June. Guys and gals here are great too. :)

OP
OP
D

Dirtyx1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really look forward to it. Thank you for all of the responses. Now I just need a MFG date :). TBH I assume I will get the truck sometime between March - May 2023.

zzzxhk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a '23 3500 Bighorn SRW on order. - I've been told 6-9 months out (from 11/2022). Bought a 2019 3500 Laramie because i didn't want to wait that long and that's if nothing goes wrong and especially since dealers are usually optimistic. Worst case, I trade it in when the '23 arrives. But at least for now I have a 3500 that replaced my 2016 eco-diesel.

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What do we think the value of the hemi V8 will be in the next few years once the hurricane comes out? I’m hoping people see the value in a proven engine, not some California back to emissions engine.

jimmyfjk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i went from a 2015 tundra limited to a 2021 rebel. i would not do it again. the tundra was amazing. the ram is a *************.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Have you tried using the Tracker for your Ram ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio