New to the Dodge world!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siahman11052

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have owned my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie for a year now and she's got 98k on the timer. Im starting to experience some minor issues that i think i can resolve on my own without taking to some dealer. I have noticed lately that im getting alot of hesitation to crank. When i try to crank the truck you can here it trying to turn over but it just wont do it. However, if i used my remote start the truck will fire up and most of the time will stay running for the 15 min duration without the key. After that i can crank it with the key. I considering jumping into replacing the spark plugs and the crank sensor but wanted to get some opinions first.

Things Ive already tried:
1) Battery was replaced
2) Alternator is brand new as it also got replaced
3) Treated fuel system with a Lucas cleaner.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check you negative ground wire on the battery. Mine did this and that was the issue. Also I would check the positive wire going from the battery to the starter.

OP
OP
S

Siahman11052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks for the input, I will for sure check that in the next day or so and report back on if that helps. Haven't heard that yet so we shall see what happens!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye