New to the Dodge world!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siahman11052

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have owned my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie for a year now and she's got 98k on the timer. Im starting to experience some minor issues that i think i can resolve on my own without taking to some dealer. I have noticed lately that im getting alot of hesitation to crank. When i try to crank the truck you can here it trying to turn over but it just wont do it. However, if i used my remote start the truck will fire up and most of the time will stay running for the 15 min duration without the key. After that i can crank it with the key. I considering jumping into replacing the spark plugs and the crank sensor but wanted to get some opinions first.

Things Ive already tried:
1) Battery was replaced
2) Alternator is brand new as it also got replaced
3) Treated fuel system with a Lucas cleaner.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check you negative ground wire on the battery. Mine did this and that was the issue. Also I would check the positive wire going from the battery to the starter.

OP
OP
S

Siahman11052

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks for the input, I will for sure check that in the next day or so and report back on if that helps. Haven't heard that yet so we shall see what happens!