New to the forum! Couple of questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019whiteshorty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone! My name is Brian and I’m from PEI, Canada..I’m new to the forums as I just bought my first Ram! It’s a 2019 Classic 1500 Shorty with the Hemi and 4x4!
I’m just wondering if the truck slowing down as soon as I let off the fuel is normal.. as in it doesn’t coast, even down hill lol. I’ve only got 400km on it so far so maybe this is just a “break in” period.. but I’m averaging 19.8L/100km and that’s not driving aggressive, with a mix of city/highway driving! Any advice or info would be great! Hope to get to know you all over time!

F0CE5AFD-9066-41EC-8CAC-07F700B1BE6F.jpeg

56641969-0DDF-4480-9F67-642B6B0053B9.jpeg

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You should post your questions over in the 5th generation section. You will get some responses.

Red

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should post your questions over in the 5th generation section. You will get some responses.

Red
Oops sorry! Thanks!

He should actually post over in the 4th gen section, as he has the 2019 classic (4th gen) rather than the new 5th generation. We are all still eagerly awaiting a 5th gen regular cab, and it may never be coming unfortunately.

Welcome and nice truck @2019whiteshorty , I had 2 regular cab short box's before I got my crew cab. I still miss the regular cab for its handling and performance, and still the best looking platform IMO.

OP
OP
2019whiteshorty

2019whiteshorty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He should actually post over in the 4th gen section, as he has the 2019 classic (4th gen) rather than the new 5th generation. We are all still eagerly awaiting a 5th gen regular cab, and it may never be coming unfortunately.

Welcome and nice truck @2019whiteshorty , I had 2 regular cab short box's before I got my crew cab. I still miss the regular cab for its handling and performance, and still the best looking platform IMO.
Thanks!! I love it! It would be a pretty sweet ride if they’d make a 5th Gen! I’m still trying to figure this forum thing out haha is there any way I can see people’s rigs?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks!! I love it! It would be a pretty sweet ride if they’d make a 5th Gen! I’m still trying to figure this forum thing out haha is there any way I can see people’s rigs?

Yes I agree! My hope is that a 5th gen regular cab will come out when the complete redesigned HD comes out, since I assume they will still make regular cabs for the HD's.

As for the seeing people's trucks, if you mean pictures, then yes there are a few ways. If you click on someones profile and then media, some people will have some pictures there. Otherwise there is a members trucks section on the site, as well as various picture threads around the various sections (for example, the "what did you do to your 4th gen today" thread in the general discussion area of the 4th gen section, will have plenty of pictures in it).

Here's my ram history for you though...2011 and 2013 sport, and current 2017 longhorn.

IMG_3013.JPG IMG_1227.JPG IMG_3522.jpg IMG_3642.jpg IMG_3673.jpg

OP
OP
2019whiteshorty

2019whiteshorty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I agree! My hope is that a 5th gen regular cab will come out when the complete redesigned HD comes out, since I assume they will still make regular cabs for the HD's.

As for the seeing people's trucks, if you mean pictures, then yes there are a few ways. If you click on someones profile and then media, some people will have some pictures there. Otherwise there is a members trucks section on the site, as well as various picture threads around the various sections (for example, the "what did you do to your 4th gen today" thread in the general discussion area of the 4th gen section, will have plenty of pictures in it).

Here's my ram history for you though...2011 and 2013 sport, and current 2017 longhorn.

View attachment 192536 View attachment 192537 View attachment 192538 View attachment 192539 View attachment 192545

Wow! All of those are beautiful trucks! I bet that longhorn is a hell of a comfortable ride too! I wish they made the colour match bumpers for those trim lines!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow! All of those are beautiful trucks! I bet that longhorn is a hell of a comfortable ride too! I wish they made the colour match bumpers for those trim lines!

Thank you! Up until these last 3 trucks, I had owned almost exclusively GM vehicles (still own a 1966 GM), but these 4th gens really caught my eye. Now I'm most likely going to be looking at my 4th straight ram in another couple of years.

And the longhorn is definitely a great long haul truck, and we will be putting it to the test with a NY to Miami and back trip this summer. My sports were pretty comfortable as well but the longhorn has a lot more comfort features and the seats are great for longer drives. The color match would look awesome on it though, I posted this other picture recently of an HD that has the color matched with the same grill I have, and it looks awesome:

IMG_3644.JPG

Just can't justify doing it since I'll only have it a few more years, but it would look great!

If ya like pictures, here's some of the interiors over the years:
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_19171.JPG IMG_3697.jpg

My real pride and joy though is this old girl that I've had since I was 17..

IMG_1460.JPG

Last edited:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I too was a Chevy man most of my life. I also owned several GMC trucks, one I lowered and modded to the point it would outperform the Chevy Corvette I owned. I purchased my Bighorn Quad Cab in December 2013 with 57K miles on the odometer. I have been modding her and I don't see an end to the madness.

:party36::party36::welcome::party36::party36::boti:IMG_0811.JPG

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Welcome!!

quietpeen

Supporting Member