New to the forums!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
About myself -

Hello all, I figured I'd join these forums to be apart of the ram crew. To start things off I've been a ram owner for about 3 years now, rocking my 2500 outdoorsman hemi 5.7L and truly loving it.

A little about myself is I'm 26 from Ontario and do exterior and interior home finishes for a living, so I'm not exactly that knowledgable on most things mechanical.

About my truck -

I bought the truck used with 180,000KM on it which has been going well for me, I did have to get things done to it seeing as it was 6 years old when I first got it (Brakes, rotors, ball joints, bearings, tires, rebuilt differential, U-joint, ETC). Over time I had been considering a 2013 - 2015 1500 ram sport but honestly with all that I've had to do to my truck to feel practically brand new, would make it a waste of money seeing as I'd have to do it all over again within a few years of buying another truck. Plus I'm still pretty young trying to save for a house (Hilarious with the housing market).

Aside from repairs on my truck I've gotten new tires put on last year (General grabber ATX), an alpine touch screen and rear backup camera both about around december. Tinted windows, leather seat covers for the front and backseats, tailgate assist just recently which I actually like even if the weight of a tailgate isn't heavy.

What's next for my truck? -

Seeing as I made my big decision on keeping my truck based on all the maintenance done to it to make it feel like brand new, along with would like to save my money towards a home instead of blowing more on a newer truck... I might as well turn this into my dream truck that I'd like to have.

Well I read a post from a member on here that some of you guys like helping others spend money . Anyways with the help of some opinions and advice from you guys, maybe you'll help me come up with some of my decisions!

- Morimoto XB amber LED lights (May even go with white, going to start a thread for discussion on this)

- Morimoto XB LED tail lights blacked out

- Morimoto XB fog lights

- Black out chrome hood protector

- Sand off peeling chrome from side step panels and apply bed liner spray (Plastic covers will be masked off with tape) along with tighten the bolts as it feels a little loose

- Black out my emblems, either going to paint over or buy this set I've seen on ebay for a decent price

- Black rims, this will probably be done next year or so just cause I will have already spent a lot of money on some new lights. I do want some xd811 rims but the menace gloss black rims also look nice for half the price.

- I may even go with a new grille that looks like the ram rebel, but this is also going to be something I do next year most likely

- Possibly change exterior handles to be paint matched (Gloss black), but this will be done last probably as I'm fine with the matte black plastic handles

- I've always wanted to black out my truck but from what I remember last year when looking into it, that it's hard to black out chrome bumpers without it peeling off unless you vinyl wrap it. For that I'm also worried about debris while driving messing with the wrap, so this is out of the question for now unless someone can enlighten me on what's best to do?

- Truck lift or wide stance? I'm personally not a fan, the truck comes with a factory 6 inch lift I believe? Which works for me right now especially with gas prices, same for stance I just worry about rock chips

Sorry for the long introduction, just happy to be apart of the common -

If you want a TLDR, just go to the part where I talk about what's next for my truck!

P.S: Hopefully TOTM/TOTY will be more active again, as I'll look forward to entering!

Attachments

• 4Oa68lr.jpg
    4Oa68lr.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 7
  • memWmg8.jpg
    memWmg8.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7
  • x3y1uhY.jpg
    x3y1uhY.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Elvira

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. That is a brilliant idea saving the cost of a new truck and making your old one perfect for you. That is exactly what i am doing. I am sure it will turn out grand and now you have a vast amount of answers here on the Ram forum.

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Welcome to the forum. That is a brilliant idea saving the cost of a new truck and making your old one perfect for you. That is exactly what i am doing. I am sure it will turn out grand and now you have a vast amount of answers here on the Ram forum.
Thanks! And exactly like I can't wait for this to all be done, might try and squeeze all these mods by September at least.

I'm liking your truck as well, I don't think I found a thread on it when I searched

Thanks! I like your 2nd gen, it looks cleannn

Elvira

Reaction score
Thanks! And exactly like I can't wait for this to all be done, might try and squeeze all these mods by September at least.

I'm liking your truck as well, I don't think I found a thread on it when I searched

Thanks! I like your 2nd gen, it looks cleannn
Thank you, I plasti dipped my emblems, been 2 years and still doing well. I think this year I will remove the door letters though, just to clean up the truck sides. I also did the tailgate assist, that was such a great add-on too with a heavy gate. Ram OEM steps and I stone guard very bottom of cab sides...the black added a little contrast and saves the stone chips. Factory mud flaps, tinted glass and levelling kit. Shortened my aerial and painted it black...bit more sporty than a whip like it was. It doesn't get caught on garage door now either when entering or exiting. I have power fold tow mirrors to install yet, waiting for warmer weather. I did a BedRug too, that was such a great addition...love the look and easy on the knees when you are in the bed.

Attachments

• BedRug.jpg
    BedRug.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210726_130423.jpg
    20210726_130423.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210710_170505.jpg
    20210710_170505.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211108_143035 - Copy.jpg
    20211108_143035 - Copy.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Thank you, I plasti dipped my emblems, been 2 years and still doing well. I think this year I will remove the door letters though, just to clean up the truck sides. I also did the tailgate assist, that was such a great add-on too with a heavy gate. Ram OEM steps and I stone guard very bottom of cab sides...the black added a little contrast and saves the stone chips. Factory mud flaps, tinted glass and levelling kit. Shortened my aerial and painted it black...bit more sporty than a whip like it was. It doesn't get caught on garage door now either when entering or exiting. I have power fold tow mirrors to install yet, waiting for warmer weather. I did a BedRug too, that was such a great addition...love the look and easy on the knees when you are in the bed.

I want to do the same with my emblems but like the 2500 heavy duty badge would get covered and I tried finding just a 2500 badge with no luck, even if I did it wouldn't quite match the other ones. Removing some of your emblems would be a cool idea, I've seen it before! I was actually thinking of removing my outdoorsman emblem on the tailgate.

Yeah that tailgate assist is just so nice if you're holding something heavy or whichever the case.

Good idea with the stone guard protecting which also went well with your truck, what did you use anyways? I think I have to touch up my rocker panels which I may do the same as you.

I've thought about adding some mud flaps as well and I just recently installed this 13 inch black antenna to which does add a clean sport look. I also thought about the leveling kit to and that would be probably the most I do height wise for this truck, girlfriend already struggles getting in lol

I've always wanted power fold mirrors! Which unfortunately the newer trucks only have, going to look into it but I assume this is a whole new mirror assembly? Which will probably cost a lot for me since mine are heated.

The bed rug you installed looks sweet, I don't think I've ever seen that before either. I wonder how durable it is?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Thanks, good to be apart of the forums and hang out