New to the Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredTennisPro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey All, I am new to this site and to Dodge. I am waiting on my first truck to arrive. It is a 2022 Big 1500 Big Horn 4 X 4 with the 5.7 Hemi. I ordered it in Granite Crystal Metallic with the Big Horn package 25Z which means it comes with the Level 2 equipment group and in the Night Edition. I like to change my own oil and keep my ride shiny and looking clean. After reading a bunch of posts on this site I recognize this forum is going to be valuable to me. I don't have an ego to bruise so I encourage those of you with vast knowledge to weigh in on things that may keep me from making mistakes with my first new Ram truck. I will be making upgrades as funds allow and will no doubt make this truck one of my hobbies now that I have more time. Like most folks, I know what pleases my eye, and have owned many vehicles, but none from the Dodge line. Looking forward to asking a ton of questions and eventually sharing my experiences with my first Ram 1500.

On a side note, I was really surprised to see how much interior storage there is in this truck. There is quite a bit under the rear seats, two in-floor compartments and the center console is the biggest and most versatile i have seen. I had originally decided to buy a Camlocker crossover tool chest for the bed to put my duplicate tools in, but may wait to see how all the inside space works. It will likely be that scenario that happens to everyone - you expand stuff to accommodate the extra space. At any rate, is the interior storage common to most 1500s or moreso in the later models.

Looking forward to the forum.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Welcome! It's a great site, a friendly one too!

I'll send you a list of everything I want to add on your truck, I don't care how much it costs you. :)

Post pics when you can, everyone loves to see the new ride!

Enjoy.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome! How long of a wait do you anticipate? When did you place your order?

OP
OP
R

RetiredTennisPro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The under seat storage bin from American Trucks or WeatherTech will be my first purchase after the Holidays. We are already on the same page with that and the tool chest. I like your thinking. Not sure about the bed storage just yet. You are 2 for 3 for sure though.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome: Yer truck and wallet, PLS, do as U Please !!!!

Make sure you clean the ride up, good wax, and KEEP up the Maintenance with Good Oil/Filters etc, and drive and ENJOY Your Truck.

OP
OP
R

RetiredTennisPro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck is supposed to arrive by the end of the month or beginning of next month so we are getting pretty close.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome and congrats on the new Big Horn! Don’t listen to the deeeezle guys when they tell you you can’t tow more than 150 lbs with the Hemi :). J/K, the debates are always informative.

Southlake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Hey All, I am new to this site and to Dodge. I am waiting on my first truck to arrive. It is a 2022 Big 1500 Big Horn 4 X 4 with the 5.7 Hemi. I ordered it in Granite Crystal Metallic with the Big Horn package 25Z which means it comes with the Level 2 equipment group and in the Night Edition. I like to change my own oil and keep my ride shiny and looking clean. After reading a bunch of posts on this site I recognize this forum is going to be valuable to me. I don't have an ego to bruise so I encourage those of you with vast knowledge to weigh in on things that may keep me from making mistakes with my first new Ram truck. I will be making upgrades as funds allow and will no doubt make this truck one of my hobbies now that I have more time. Like most folks, I know what pleases my eye, and have owned many vehicles, but none from the Dodge line. Looking forward to asking a ton of questions and eventually sharing my experiences with my first Ram 1500.

On a side note, I was really surprised to see how much interior storage there is in this truck. There is quite a bit under the rear seats, two in-floor compartments and the center console is the biggest and most versatile i have seen. I had originally decided to buy a Camlocker crossover tool chest for the bed to put my duplicate tools in, but may wait to see how all the inside space works. It will likely be that scenario that happens to everyone - you expand stuff to accommodate the extra space. At any rate, is the interior storage common to most 1500s or moreso in the later models.

Looking forward to the forum.
Congratulations on the new ride. I just got a 2022 limited love it. Enjoy the ride

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963