New transfer case shifter handle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This might be a little polarizing with some people thinking it tacky, but I figured I’d share it anyway. I wanted to replace the shifter handle on the transfer case, but couldn’t find anything I liked. I didn’t want the stereotypical 8 ball, skull, or something cheap from autozone. So I went online and found this hood ornament from a mid-80’s Dodge Power Ram. It was in mint condition, but I got a deal on it because it was missing it’s base (oh well, I didn’t need it anyway). I retapped the hole from its original M8 to the trucks handle, which is an M10, used the original nut with a washer as a stop nut, and also to hold the boot up, and voila, I had a brand new shift handle that is somewhat original (I’ve seen this done on 2 other Rams, one with a console shifter and one with a 6 speed). Either way, I think it’s way better than the original. What do you guys think? Good bad or indifferent, my feels won’t get hurt lol.

A0C8E564-5B2F-48AC-9561-695BA5444EF1.jpeg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
This might be a little polarizing with some people thinking it tacky, but I figured I’d share it anyway. I wanted to replace the shifter handle on the transfer case, but couldn’t find anything I liked. I didn’t want the stereotypical 8 ball, skull, or something cheap from autozone. So I went online and found this hood ornament from a mid-80’s Dodge Power Ram. It was in mint condition, but I got a deal on it because it was missing it’s base (oh well, I didn’t need it anyway). I retapped the hole from its original M8 to the trucks handle, which is an M10, used the original nut with a washer as a stop nut, and also to hold the boot up, and voila, I had a brand new shift handle that is somewhat original (I’ve seen this done on 2 other Rams, one with a console shifter and one with a 6 speed). Either way, I think it’s way better than the original. What do you guys think? Good bad or indifferent, my feels won’t get hurt lol.

View attachment 159633
So...you're the guy that ripped off the hood ornament on my '84 RAM.
PS: I got the base, LOL.
Looks really cool & old school. Nice job.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I dig it

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year