New, undelivered 2500 has keys stolen on train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1STRAM2500

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks! I have read the threads on wax/sealants, etc. Do you have a personal favorite surface treatment after clay bar?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! I have read the threads on wax/sealants, etc. Do you have a personal favorite surface treatment after clay bar?
I am just old fashioned and I use meguiars gold carnuba wax.

Boxerguy2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update as of today: 40 vehicles are still sitting in the train cars, awaiting keys. Some keys are being sent to the rail yard (why not all?), hope mine is among them. This Saturday, March 5th, marks 3 weeks.
Same boat here. Except I ordered mine in August. 30 weeks now. Key fobs on back order…

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
seems like the boss at the off loading sites would have a universal fob and that all the vehicle ecm's would be programmed to accept a signal from the universal fob for loading and unloading or for maintenance. after all the gov. has been able to track and to shut vehicles off for years. all this stuff is computerized how do they allow the absence of a fob shut everything down..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My buddy hauled car & trucks for a while, He hauled brand new Chevrolets & also hauled private vehicles that were going to & from Guam & Hawaii for a company called Pasha Transportation.
He was based out of San Diego

1648196587889.pngCurrently he is working for another trucking outfit, but if he was to call me, i will ask him if the ignition FOBs or keys remain in the vehicles during transit
or if they all have one of those lockout devices, like the Rams at my dealership has on all of the trucks, even the salesman has to bring the unlocking device out to the trucks to open the doors

Last edited:
OP
OP
1STRAM2500

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I want to thank my RAM Forum friends. The truck I was so anxious about finally arrived at the dealership and I am now the proud owner of my new baby, a 2022 Tradesman CC 6.4. My first RAM and I must say that so far--it was worth the wait! Just hope it performs well as my new tow vehicle. I appreciate all the input from you guys. Thanks so much. Don't even miss my "old" truck, a 2007 Tundra that still drove and rode like new even with 260K miles. The bar was set high...

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, I have a question. I ordered two new blank key fobs from e-bay and used Alfaodb to program them. All four (the two original and the two I programmed) work fine in all functions on my 2014 RAM 2500. Recently a jacket (with one of the key fobs in the pocket) was stolen. I'm pissed about the jacket, but more concerned about the key fob. I take the truck to the place the jacket was stolen often, and I'm concerned the perp will take the truck. I can have the door locks changed, but sort of a new BCM, can I delete all the keys and program another set of new ones so all four of the existing will be useless? Thanks.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I want to thank my RAM Forum friends. The truck I was so anxious about finally arrived at the dealership and I am now the proud owner of my new baby, a 2022 Tradesman CC 6.4. My first RAM and I must say that so far--it was worth the wait! Just hope it performs well as my new tow vehicle. I appreciate all the input from you guys. Thanks so much. Don't even miss my "old" truck, a 2007 Tundra that still drove and rode like new even with 260K miles. The bar was set high...
Congrats, especially after the long wait. That 2500 is going to feel like a tank after the Tundra, in a very good way. Good luck!

CliffordK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I have a question. I ordered two new blank key fobs from e-bay and used Alfaodb to program them. All four (the two original and the two I programmed) work fine in all functions on my 2014 RAM 2500. Recently a jacket (with one of the key fobs in the pocket) was stolen. I'm pissed about the jacket, but more concerned about the key fob. I take the truck to the place the jacket was stolen often, and I'm concerned the perp will take the truck. I can have the door locks changed, but sort of a new BCM, can I delete all the keys and program another set of new ones so all four of the existing will be useless? Thanks.
I had an older Ford key made at a locksmith a while ago.

They attached the key programmer to the pickup. Then said there was an option to either forget all the old keys, and reprogram from scratch, or simply add a key. It would have been easier if I had two keys, but I only had one very worn key.

Anyway, check the options in your key programmer, or go to a locksmith and ask them. It is quite possible you would simply delete all the old fobs, then add the ones you have back.

If the presumed thief doesn't know which vehicle, then deprogramming the fob would be enough to keep him from cruising the parking lot hitting unlock or panic to locate the vehicle. Changing locks may not be necessary unless you regularly leave valuable computers in the pickup.

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks, I'll explore deeper with a locksmith and or the dealer to see what options might be.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963