New vehicle ADHD hit me again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Congrats! Looks like a great ride. I've bought two vehicles from rental companies as well and never had an issue. Good luck!

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked the new to me Ram up on my way to work yesterday afternoon. Again, pleasantly surprised at how super quick and easy the process was with Enterprise car sales.

Had something funny happen on my way to work. I noticed a thud every now and then in one of the storage compartments. The one that would be an ashtray on the lower dash. I opened it up and there was a full roll of quarters and somebody's used ear buds in there. LOL! Went through every nook and cranny I could think of when I had time during my night shift. All good. I do want to change the oil though. There's a sticker on the w/s from FIrestone that says the oil was changed in Dec 2020 @ 7500mi. I'm not sure if it was changed again or not. Of course they reset the oil life monitor to 100%. I drove it like a total wuss to and from work. About 70 miles total and achieved 23.1mpg per the dash. I gotta say that hemi burble at idle is intoxicating.

1dyMBHWl.jpg

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice truck! I just got my 1500 hemi classic in January. My cousin just got a 5th gen 2500 Cummins and I’m already itching to get a new truck lol. His truck is so nice. That will definitely be my next truck but I still got a ways to go lol

PJ_Shamrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the truck! I picked mine up the end of April, former Enterprise rental, 2019 1500 Classic SLT, Crew, 6'4" box. 7500 miles on it. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone. Took off the 17's and did Laramie Longhorn wheels in the matching Patriot Blue.
20200421_182931.jpg 20200603_172515.jpg 20200603_172552.jpg

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just bought a 2017 w/30k miles. Seriously looked at rental car sales, but had a hard time finding ones with a tow hitch.

Yours is definitely a beauty. I would have been very happy with that color blue

Thanks! Loving it so far. When I'm buying used, especially ex-rentals, I specifically want them without the hitch. That way you're reasonably sure it didn't do any towing. The nice thing about Ram 1500s is, the hitch frame is there from the factory, you just have to buy and mount the hitch receiver kit. I buy them off eBay for like $40 shipped.

Congrats on the truck! I picked mine up the end of April, former Enterprise rental, 2019 1500 Classic SLT, Crew, 6'4" box. 7500 miles on it. Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone. Took off the 17's and did Laramie Longhorn wheels in the matching Patriot Blue.

Looks beautiful with those wheels!

I would have preferred the 6'4" box and could have had one with slightly less miles (had 12K on it), but they would have had to get it from 100 or so miles away from another Enterprise store and it was black, just like my previous Ram. Kind of wanted a little change of pace.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I'm currently fighting off that bug too... he keeps buzzing in my ear about a really good deal on a loaded '19 PW sitting on a dealer lot.... :boxed:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There's a sticker on the w/s from FIrestone that says the oil was changed in Dec 2020 @ 7500mi. I'm not sure if it was changed again or not. Of course they reset the oil life monitor to 100%.

1dyMBHWl.jpg
Very nice truck.
I like the time travel option it has since the oil was changed on a date that hasn't happened yet... Just sayin..:D

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
In terms of fuel economy difference between my 2017 Pentastar and now 2019 hemi, for my work commute I'd level out at an average fuel economy of ~24.1mpg with the Pentastar in the summer. 80 mile round trip highway commute.

The 2019 hemi is showing 23.1mpg. This is with grandpa style driving of course. LOL!

In terms of power, I'll probably get flamed for saying it, but per my ol' butt dyno, both will pin you in the seat. The pentastar of course is SCREAMING to do that. The hemi is just kind of being itself. Like I say, the idle sound and rompin' on it sound is just intoxicating. The pentastar is not a sexy sounding engine, but for those who haven't put some miles on one in a Ram 1500, I think you'd be surprised at how ballzy they really are.

Bigvig51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congratulations! Sweet Looking Ride!..…I wish You many miles and Many Smiles
I did the same thing last summer...my 2019 is stock, shaved, and is my 6th Ram... She's a Boat hauling *****! IMG_20200515_121021010.jpg

IMG_20190822_150351211_HDR.jpg

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Car rentals aren't also so bad. I sold for 5 years. Car rental companies actually do better with regular maintenances that most individuals. They have contracts for it, and if they don't and a customer is in an accident and can prove its fault to the renter for not maintaining the vehicle, it's an issue...

18 years ago we dogged on dealership vehicles, not today they take great care. Sure you get the occcasional rental driver that beats on it... but their only blowing the extra carbon build up in the pistons and valves out for you lol... driving it slow all day let's unburned fuel build up. So I think a rental is a good thing.

for the record, bought my wife a rental at 8k miles, now at 100k. 2k oil/filer changes routinely, spark plugs at 60k, blow out the air filters every 15k with an air compressor, shocks at 80k, and tires at 70k are the only maintenance we've done in 7 years.

Rentals get a bad name, but it's pretty physics. Take care of your vehicles appropriately and pay attention to them. They are all metal, they either rust or wear, oil them, line them, rust prevention, fix the moving parts that don't get good lube or too much stress, and they last forever. My first truck was a Silverado with 500k miles, ran and sounded better mechanically than the truck I traded it in, had to upsize because the family grew. But , that truck was in perfect shape for 500k. Take care of your trucks people. They're an investment, and can save you a lot of money.

10k in repair over 10 years on a paid off truck beats a new truck every 6 years and a 400 a month payment. Own it and love it, that why you bought it to begin with

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Take care of your trucks people. They're an investment, and can save you a lot of money.

10k in repair over 10 years on a paid off truck beats a new truck every 6 years and a 400 a month payment. Own it and love it, that why you bought it to begin with

Yeah, I have afflictions working against me for that.

I like shiny new and different too much and I live in a horrible rust belt climate.

I maintain my vehicles as if I'm going to keep them till the wheels fall off, but in reality, I tend to keep them no more than 3yrs.

It's not smart financially, but I only make moves when I'm not upside down and can get very low interest rates on a 60mo max loan. No way on 72-84mo for me.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I have afflictions working against me for that.

I like shiny new and different too much and I live in a horrible rust belt climate.

I maintain my vehicles as if I'm going to keep them till the wheels fall off, but in reality, I tend to keep them no more than 3yrs.

It's not smart financially, but I only make moves when I'm not upside down and can get very low interest rates on a 60mo max loan. No way on 72-84mo for me.

I feel your pain in the rust belt. Keep them until the rust wins lol...

It's crazy right now with some dealerships doing 0% interest rate on 84 months... I think I only saw it at Chevy dealerships. But, that's still just crazy.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, i live in Minetto, between Oswego and Fulton! Good to see some local guys on here!

I have the 20 inch rims on mine and also paid 27k I live about 20 miles north of Syracuse bought my truck at techforce auto in Bridgeport ny

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963