New weird vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello group !

I recently purchased a 2015 1500 2WD LONG HORN. 140K I decided to replace the center support bearing and the U Joints.

Truck made an occasional clunk noise and we determined the rubber was shot that surrounded the bearing.

My mechanic installed the new support bearing and replaced all 3 U joints. I purchased Moog 232 ( i think ) bearings and new support bearing from advanced auto parts.

got the truck back and there is a very distinct shudder/vibration as soon as i am in the 25 mph range, as soon as I get up to 35 mph it goes away instantly, this vibration/shudder can be felt during coasting, acceleration deceleration and braking. its starts and 25 and stops and 35.

It did not do it the first time i drove out of the shop but started shortly after. They are a reputable shop so Im sure they will have it back in the air tomorrow morning, I was just curious if this has been heard of this symptom before.

Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's possible the driveshaft u-joints we're not phased correctly or the carrier bearing wasn't positioned so the shafts are parallel.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yes, by all means check the phasing! Any competent tech should be aware of this but sometimes things get assembled without checking.

best,
DG

OP
OP
C

cpc12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you very much for the replies. that makes complete sense. i really hope its something that simple. Shop is 1/8 mile from my house, I can go 5 mph there.