New Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sounds like a faulty sensor to me.

stoutbanana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have yet to do anything other then back to the installer. Yes its annoying , and it should work correctly . Let me know if you do the battery disconnect before I do , hopefully that will work . I’m thinking it’s the nature of the beast . It rained slightly the other day I drove it , it cycled once when I turned it on , and worked when it should have . It didn’t cycle when it didn’t need too, but it was a short drive .

Im afraid I’ll probably end up giving up also .
I disconnected the battery for over 30mins and it made no difference

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Been a little side tracked for a few days ,but you brought up options , I couldn't help myself , scored on a new set of Amp Steps for an unbelievable price the other day. So I splurged , and bought them. Have always wanted a set , my son runs them on his trucks, and have always like the getting in ,and out with them .

Anyway back to the windshield wiper saga, going to take it back over ,and have the installer take another look at it .
On my phone so I can’t see year and model. If you have uconnect, go under systems and see if if all the settings are correct for wipers and lights.

Elvira

Reaction score
My last Ram required a windshield, similar case with the wipers. I did research to see about repairing. I had to take into the dealer for a recall on a couple items, trans park mode and tail gate fix, after they updated the system, everything was back on track again and working. I never mentioned the wiper scenario either, just never thought about it at the time. Might not be relevant, but the dealer updating may have re-booted system to stock again. Just a thought for you.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Auto wipers require a different windshield that has a section of frit removed so the sensor has an unobstructed view. It is common for the sensor to need replacement with the windshield, as removing the old adhesive leaves a film that prevents operation. It is possible to use a standard windshield and relcate the sensor to a non standard location, and there is some info on this in the DIY section for people adding the feature.

Auto dimming headlights are camera on front of rear view mirror. Rare to see glass replacement related issue. Issues could be failure to connect cable, pulling wire from connector, frit blocking view on real low quality 3rd party replacements, finger print or plastic trim covering the camera. It's common for people to think the system is not working when trying to test without the headlights o auto and when not driving. Ive done this more than once.

Auto dimming rear view mirror is controlled by a sensor in the mirror. Only glass replacement related issue is failure to connect cable, or pulling wire from connector, or debris over the sensor.