Newbie to the sight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

910_Car_n_Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
G54B
Hello all,

So I've recently inquired a 1985 dodge ram 50, manual trans. Engine is seized and has been flooded,but for ***** and giggle i have replaced the spark plugs and harness as well as the oil and filter. along with the battery sad to say it didn't turn over. looking for any help to see what else to check or if I should go ahead and buy a newish one.
That being said i have found one on a "low mileage" site but no hoist so im really not trying to go that route. Let me know what y'all think any help is appreciated. Thank!

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the site! If the motor is truly seized, I'd go new motor. the Ram 50s were Mitsubishis in disguise. So you could probably figure out what Mitsu cars used the same motor so it increases your search pool if you're going used motor.

as for hoists, if you have a buddy that could lend you one, that would be convenient. or depending on how much room / garage space you have and how much wrenching you do, a Harbor Freight 1 ton shop crane/engine hoist is typically under $200. and the ubiquitous 20% off coupon if applicable, helps. always a helpful tool around any garage/shop. and mines been used a lot - still holding up strong.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
hope it works out. Not sure how much more help you might get on the D50. Not sure there's much support on the forum for those trucks.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
could try the atf/acetone mix in the cylinders to break the pistons free. most of the times it works. heck i have got some engines freed up just using atf on its own but i think it really depends on how badly things are stuck or rusted inside.

now if the engine is not save able just still a v8 in it.