Newbie to this forum Name is Dennis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennisdd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Ram 2500 6.4L gas. Had a strange event. Went to drive pickup into garage. Turned the selector knob to drive it won't move. Turned back to park tried again. Same results. Turned back to park shut of engine. Started process over again. Same. It seemed to be still in park.

It did finally engage. Few days later when backing up my backup camera didn't work. Soon it did on the second time in reverse.

Is there a chance that the shifter knob which is electric failed to disengage from park on temporality?

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was the door open, did you have your set belt on? Was there a message on the dash display?

OP
OP
D

Dennisdd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know I bet this was the issue. I'll have to test that theory. Thanks makes sense now. Saves me a wasted trip to dealer

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey there!

Welcome to the forum! If you find yourself work with your local dealership, please reach out to us. We'd be happy to get you some help with this.

Callie
Ram Cares

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45