Newbie ? - Unhooking Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Macklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome man, thanks! Splashed the boat yesterday and discovered the off-road 2 setting works going up, but won’t go down when the hitch is loaded. I had to let the truck sit for 10 minutes before I could raise the tongue off the ball.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome man, thanks! Splashed the boat yesterday and discovered the off-road 2 setting works going up, but won’t go down when the hitch is loaded. I had to let the truck sit for 10 minutes before I could raise the tongue off the ball.

So, with your boat trailer connected and your suspension in off-road 2 mode, the suspension won’t go down to entry/exit mode when the air suspension button is pressed three times? That’s weird. I guess maybe you could try it again by going into your Uconnect settings and putting the truck into transport mode which, I don’t really know the true difference between E/E mode and that because as far as I know, both modes lower the truck all the way down to the bump stops. Transport mode is just used for when you’re trailering the truck, so that you can tie the truck down without the air suspension trying to raise the truck back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Tried that too. I’m on my thirteenth boat so I know a bit about trailering. I know nothing about air suspensions.

Don't know a thing about the air suspension, but boat number 13?
You have a serious problem....I know cause I have "the bigga boat disease" also. LOL

OP
OP
M

Macklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, with your boat trailer connected and your suspension in off-road 2 mode, the suspension won’t go down to entry/exit mode when the air suspension button is pressed three times? That’s weird. I guess maybe you could try it again by going into your Uconnect settings and putting the truck into transport mode which, I don’t really know the true difference between E/E mode and that because as far as I know, both modes lower the truck all the way down to the bump stops. Transport mode is just used for when you’re trailering the truck, so that you can tie the truck down without the air suspension trying to raise the truck back up.

Three times!? You didn’t mention that little detail. So that will override the warning I got?

I really need to read the 800 page manual I downloaded. Have plenty of time for that now as the boat is back on my lift...till something breaks.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Three times!? You didn’t mention that little detail.
Yep, press that down arrow button three times. If you were in off-road 2 mode(OF2), you press the air suspension lower button three times to get the truck down to E/E mode- one press down from OF2 gets you to OF1, or off-road 1 mode- the difference between OF1 and OF2 is the 1 and the 2 signify one or two inches above NRH(normal ride height). Anywho, second press gets you to NRH, and third press is all the way down to the bump stops for entry/exit mode.

But sorry, it never dawned on me to mention that little detail because I figured you already knew that since you had to of pressed the up arrow three times to get your truck up to off-road 2 mode to even get it up there; or well, 2 presses of the up arrow if you were already at normal ride height.
So that will override the warning I got?
What error message did you get?? You shouldn’t have got one at all…

I really need to read the 800 page manual I downloaded. Have plenty of time for that now as the boat is back on my lift...till something breaks.

Yeah, I most certainly would. This is 2020 and, cars and pickups are pretty complex these days that it’s almost imperative that you should read the manual because there’s so much **** in there that you have no idea about it unless you read it.

Just to give you a tidbit- if you ever pull anything heavy with that truck that requires a weight distribution hitch, that manual actually tells you what mode to put your air suspension into so that you can set your hitch up and get it set up properly and still have your air suspension work normally how it’s designed to do so uh, read that book. This ain’t 1980, or even 1990 anymore to where you could just throw that book out and figure everything out for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk